“We had a wonderful time.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We stumbled on this quaint Inn over Christmas break. My family of 4 had a wonderful time. In fact, we stayed an extra night.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2009

Our friends had stayed at the Gateway for a week during the summer and boasted of its location, ammenities and views. They were right! But, I bet it was even more beautiful when we stayed at the end of September. The leafs were begiining to change colors making for a nice back drop for the Inn. We stayed in a suite and felt we got a great value. Can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This was an absolutely amazing place that when we opened the door, we couldn't have been happier. We were lucky enough to have the entire MVP Suite and other conjoining suites to ourselves (we were a group of 14 people) and the place was clean and perfect for us. We were all able to hang out in the living room together, there were plenty of bathrooms, and a fully functioning kitchen which was easy to use for breakfasts and storing "beverages".

Eric and Lynn were extremely accommodating and really run a great spot. I would highly recommend this for a group of people - we were so amazed that we paid so little as well!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I very much enjoyed my stay at this quaint lodging. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. The room, though small, was richly decorated with an appropriate baseball theme. The inn, though off the main road, is located within a short distance of Doubleday Field. The bed was comfortable. The room had plenty of heat and hot water

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My brother and I just stayed at the Gateway Inn & Suites during the week of Aug. 14-21, 2009 for the Cooperstown Dreams Park Tournament (week 11). The Inn is only minutes from Dreams Park and has great amenities. We stayed in the Texas Leaguer. This room was equipped with small fridge, coffee maker (endless cream, sugar, coffee provided), microwave, TV, VCR, and couch. This room was perfect for us. We took advantage of the beautiful scenery as we woke up every morning to go for a run, play basketball, soccer, and then go swimming. When compared to other parent's accommodations, most were jealous that we had so many activities and amenities provided. The owner/family were so nice and personalable. This felt like our home away from home. If I ever return to Cooperstown with my family, this is the place for us. I highly recommend Gateway Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Gateway Inn during a Dreamspark week. Our room was located within the house, which was great. Most of our families stayed at the Inn so the others in the house were with our group. At first the owner was very pleasant, however, Wed and Thurs., she became rather RUDE. She claimed that we had a "party" with unwelcome guests. We all had pizza in the kitchen area (all of us paying guests with our families). We kept the house and kitchen area clean--as if it were our own homes. Her rudeness was't appreciated at all, we spent a lot of money to stay there and did not deserve this treatment. As a matter of fact, earlier int he week she commented on how we were her "best" guests. I tend to believer that she gets this way when Wed. and Thurs. roll around and baseball is wrapping up for the week.
So it left a sour taste in my mouth (we all agreed).

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank jcoops
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I was looking for a one night stay during the fall foliage season and found this place. I called and reserved a room. However, I noticed the reviews on Tripadvisor and asked the owner for some assurance that the concerns of the most negative review were not valid. At that point the owner abruptly canceled my reservation. That seemed like a very odd response. I was not confrontational in any way.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank CyclingTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
1 mi away
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#8 of 16 in Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown? Share your experiences!