“nice and quiet placeto stay”
Review of Mohican Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Mohican Motel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
turners falls ma
“nice and quiet placeto stay”
Reviewed 14 June 2009

my wife and i were impressed with the size of the room and bathroom.had no problem with the reservations.they cleaned the room everyday. its only about a mile from the hall of fame and downtown cooperstown. would recomend to any one to stay here. its great for the price.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maryland
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I didn't actually get to stay at this motel. When I arrived there, the person at the desk didn't have my reservation and said that there were no rooms available that night. She checked the records and found a reservation for me on the same date but for the previous month. I had made the arrangements by phone six weeks earlier and the person taking my information must have written the date incorrectly. The woman at the desk insisted that the mistake was mine, not theirs, and refused to refund the fee they charged my credit card. She said I was a no-show and had to pay for the room. So, I had no room for the night and a charge for a room I didn't use because of their mistake. I don't recommend this motel.

• Disliked — Customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SundanceMaryland
celesteCooperstown, owner at Mohican Motel, responded to this review, 1 November 2008
When we take reservations we always repeat back to the customer the date(s) of the reservation so there is no reason for us to not have the correct date(s) for the reservation as long as the customer gives us the correct date(s).
Upstate NY
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Had an adorable, though admittedly basic room in a small "house" on the property (several rooms there, and several in a typical motel style "rowhouse". Ours had a fun porch with private backyard with an apple tree and some ducks kept as pets! There was a small fridge in the room, and all was clean. We liked that it was a reasonable walk (10-15) minutes and quite easy on quaint tree lined residential streets into town. We had dinner two nights at the venerable Otesaga Resort, spent all our money on great dinner and wine, and then stayed at our quaint little motel afterwards! Great value and location!

• Liked — Charming and within walking distance to town....
  • Disliked — Was a good value for the money......
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2008

Stayed here one night on our way back from Canada going to Buffalo to come home. Always wanted to see the Hall of Fame and we were able to fit it in our plans.

I started booking 10 months before our trip and all the big hotels in the area were already booked for the summer of 2008 in Cooperstown! So I searched and found some good results for this one on trip advisor. We only had one night to stay so that was a problem too. Most of the B&B's in the area had a 2 night min.

But the Mohican Motel had 2 rooms for 1 nite each so I booked them. One was $111 and the other was $125 plus tax.
After reading the reviews from other people I thought it was OK to do so.

I am glad I did, the rooms are not fancy but they are well kept and clean. There is plenty of parking and you can walk a few blocks to downtown without a problem. But if it is raining such was the case when we woke the next day we decided to drive to town and park on the street. We ate breakfast at a little place right across the street from the HOF and it was wonderful! Wish I could remember the name it had something to do with baseball. The staff was so friendly and kind we went back for take out lunch.

We arrived around 9:30pm and the lady at the Motel was very nice. We would stay again if we ever get to go back .

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank FloridaJunebug
St. Cloud MN
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Hotel is a bit dated, that is the amenities are old. Beds are old. Bath is old. Building is old etc... We stayed in the 2nd floor rooms which had two full size beds in one room and one full size bed with a kitchenette in the other. The two rooms were joined by a bathroom in the middle. I have stayed at a lot of places and was not impressed at anything here other than the location (real close to Baseball Hall of Fame but what isn't in cooperstown) and the nice patio are we had out in front of our room. The rooms cost $160 per room. If this hotel had been in the middle of south dakota it would have been like $20 a night. We lacked dishes in the room with our kitchenette. No coffee maker... no soap. Did have enough clean towels. Took a quick look at the box springs and the mattresses and I was scared. Either way we didn't spend much time there so it worked out well... There are some other newer hotels right in town. There is also a couple other older hotels (that looked worse) and some alright bed and breakfasts in Cooperstown, maybe we would have better luck at one of those. Either way it was just a place to sleep, good enough.

Stayed July 2008
Alabama
Reviewed 16 September 2007

The Mohican Motel was a great stay for our visit. We were within walking distance of downtown and all of the attractions. Also, the place was clean and the hotel staff, although very dry on the phone, was actually nice face to face. The icing on the cake for me, though, was that I left a Starbucks birthday giftbag in my room in the frig. The staff threw the bag of melted chocolates out, but kept the Starbucks gift card and had it for me when I came back to the hotel. This made all the difference to me. I will be sure to return the next time our family is in Cooperstown.

• Liked — Comfortable, clean, easy access rooms, close proximity to downtown
  • Disliked — Rooms are small
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank curatortw
New York, NY
Reviewed 20 August 2007

A good word for the Mohican is "balanced." It provides a combination of pluses and minuses that balance out to provide an excellent complement to a trip to the Baseball HOF. Key upsides were price and location. The Mohican offered the best price of any hotel I could find within the vicinity of Cooperstown, and is a lovely 15 minute walk to the HOF. Better yet, with parking in Cooperstown a hassle, the Mohican was willing to let us leave our car parked at the hotel the day of our check out. The minuses for the hotel include the inability to make reservations online, as well as the inability to provide a credit card number over the phone. So I had to mail a deposit check to the hotel in order to complete my reservation. (A small hassle, but not a huge deal.) The room amenities are modest - not poor, not great. The bed we had was extremely firm, and the shower in the room wasn't the greatest. But like I said, it's about balance. Despite so-so amenities and reservation challenges, the excellent price, location and parking flexibility make the Mohican an excellent value when visiting the Baseball HOF.

• Liked — Location, price and parking flexibility
  • Disliked — Having to mail in a deposit check to complete my reservation
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank brodieman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#6 of 16 in Cooperstown
Landmark Inn
Landmark Inn
#1 of 29 in Cooperstown

Been to Mohican Motel? Share your experiences!