A good word for the Mohican is "balanced." It provides a combination of pluses and minuses that balance out to provide an excellent complement to a trip to the Baseball HOF. Key upsides were price and location. The Mohican offered the best price of any hotel I could find within the vicinity of Cooperstown, and is a lovely 15 minute walk to the HOF. Better yet, with parking in Cooperstown a hassle, the Mohican was willing to let us leave our car parked at the hotel the day of our check out. The minuses for the hotel include the inability to make reservations online, as well as the inability to provide a credit card number over the phone. So I had to mail a deposit check to the hotel in order to complete my reservation. (A small hassle, but not a huge deal.) The room amenities are modest - not poor, not great. The bed we had was extremely firm, and the shower in the room wasn't the greatest. But like I said, it's about balance. Despite so-so amenities and reservation challenges, the excellent price, location and parking flexibility make the Mohican an excellent value when visiting the Baseball HOF.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cooperstown we are convenient to museums, restaurants, and stores. We are in walking distance to the Baseball Hall of Fame and about 3 miles to Dream Park. We offer a choice of rooms with one double bed, one king size bed, two double beds, or three double beds. The rooms with 3 double beds have two separate bedrooms each with its own TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mohican Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohican Hotel Cooperstown
- Mohican Motel Cooperstown