Copake Camping Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Copake
See available hotels
      White Hart Inn(Salisbury)
      Great 4.5/5
      Interlaken Inn(Lakeville)
      Very Good 4/5
      Wind in the Pines(Great Barrington)
      Good 3.5/5
        Days Inn Great Barrington(Great Barrington)
        Very Good 4/5
        All reviewscamp storebaseball diamondshower facilitiesnatural attractionsgreat weekendbeautiful poolgreat family campgroundnice campgroundgreat amenitiesnew yorkseasonals
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 15 July 2014

Want wifi more than 2 hours in every 24 hours? Pay a fee. Going to be out later than 8 pm? Leave a $20 deposit for a key card. Want back into the park during the day? You have to call in from the gate, wait for them to answer, then give your name and site number. We won't be going back there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
        3  Thank Roberta A
        CopakeKOA, Owner at Copake Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am sorry that you unaware of our security gate procedures in advance of your stay. Most of our guests find it comforting to know that we are a secure family campground. A gate card can be used during the day for access.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My daughter and I try and stay here once every season. We tent and compare everywhere else to this campground. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The bathrooms the best ever and kept very clean. The location is convenient to hiking, Catamount and Great Barrington.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
        1  Thank Frostcove

Wow what a compliment, To tell us that you use us to compare all of your other camping experiences. Can't wait to have you back next year.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Copake KOA last weekend from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning with my daughter and her family. We rented Camping Cabin #8. They stayed in their camper. Upon checking in we were treated in a friendly and efficient manner. We, too, were asked for a $50 deposit, which I had been told on the phone the day before when I called, must be in cash and was for the cleaning deposit, and that upon leaving as long as we left it clean, we would receive back, which we did. We were escorted to our cabin by a staff member, who realized that they had forgotten to give us our key. Instead of making us return to the office, another staff member had driven over to the cabin to give it to us.
        I read a lot of the reviews about the issue with the water in the showers. I am impressed that the owners are trying to do their part to conserve water by having the "on demand" water conserving shower heads, good for them for caring about our environment! As for the hot water problem many spoke of, I found that by adjusting the faucet of the shower, I got more than enough hot water to shower by. Yes, it turned off frequently, but seriously, isn't this better than how some people would leave the water running endlessly and wasting it? As for the bug issue, let's be serious people, you are camping in a wooded area, what would you expect? Bring some bug spray next time. Better that than the owners spraying with harsh chemicals that would be bad for the environment or the campers!
        As for the staff, I found them to be nothing but courteous and helpful. I was especially impressed when I went into the store with two of my grandchildren to buy them t-shirts. Upon getting to the counter I realized I had left my wallet back at the campsite. Instead of making me feel dumb, even though I did, the girl offered to hold the shirts in a bag until I returned later to pay for them.
        All in all, our experience at the Copake KOA was a good one and we hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
        1  Thank Nancy S

So glad you enjoyed your first stay with us. Looking forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We rented a cabin at this KOA. When you pull into the campground the initial appearance is very nice. They have a nice selection in the camp store and the owner's daughter was very friendly during the check-in. We had to pay a $50 cash deposit that they put in a safe until the next day just in case you use their fire extinguisher in the cabin. She said it happens. We are on a one year trip across America and have never had to do that. We used our credit card to pay for the cabin so we are not sure what is up with this so know that you need to have $50 cash. The office doesn't open until 8:30 and you cannot check out until after that unless you make prior arrangements. The biggest issue is the showers, while clean they are set up that the water only runs for 10 seconds. My husband showered first and came back to the cabin to warn me. He counted and sure enough when I showered it did shut off every 10 seconds. I was able to awkwardly shower one-handed and kept one hand on the water to keep it on. This was just annoying to both of us. The rustic cabins without bathrooms are nestled in with run down trailers that desperately need paint/maintenance. You don't get a camping experience feel here at this KOA. I will post pictures. Also while the cabin does have a tv like most we have rented, but their tv is in a corner and their is a bunk bed over the full size bed so you cannot see the tv. I will also post pictures of that. Any other cabin we have rented put the tv over the door and it looked like their was room to do that so they may want to look into doing that. Also their are no extra outlets to charge phones or camera batteries. One last thing they only give you two hours of wifi, so if you are working while on the road you can plan on paying for additional wifi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
        4  Thank oneyearride

When we purchased this park four seasons ago it was not a KOA and we had many run down unoccupied trailers to remove. At that time we gave everyone who was camping here a limit on just how long their old trailers could stay in the park. The one you took a picture of is the only old trailer on the street and is slated to be removed this October. Our showers are push button timed showers with on demand water heaters. It is a very green, good for the environment option but we do realize not everyone likes them. Our Wi-Fi is a new system this year which is much faster than the old system. With group Wi-Fi since there are so many users, the choice is to choose between faster but a limit to the number of users that can be on at one time or slower and no time limit. By setting the system to drop guests off after two hours we have been able to allow the system to be a decent speed for all users. Most have been happy with this solution.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have been going to Copake KOA for a few years now and we loved it. Over the last two years some staff, including owner, are miserable. We went again this year for Memorial Day and had an incident one night with the radio being on after 10 pm (10 minutes after mind you). Then this weekend one of the people in our group had a girl scout trip planned and they were told their reservation had been cancelled and they were not allowed back. For some reason, they have had it out for our group for a couple years now, accusing us of having golf cart races and chasing people around in the pavillon while they were on their bicycles. I don't know if anyone has experienced the same as us, but I know we wouldn't go back there (which they won't let us now anyway I guess) and I will forewarn all I know.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends