“Top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tony R's

Tony R's
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Osceola
“Top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family has eaten at Tony R's many times and have always had excellent food and great service. They serve the best Ahi Tuna I have ever had, and that includes meals in Miami, Hawaii and other places throughout the US, Canada and Europe. Always perfect and high quality. Hate to get anything else it is THAT good. The men always get steak and are thoroughly happy, regardless of the cut...one gets it rare and the other medium rare. Both are spot on. Sides are great, asparagus with hollandaise, caeser salad & garden salads. The lobster bisque is rich, creamy and very flavorful. We had lunch there today and closed out the place as we got there rather late, but my penne alla vodka was tasty, and my husband had the lobster soup, caeser salad and italian ciabatta sandwich. All were great and same prices as other restaurants for similar meals. Please overlook the complainers who are apparently too cheap to enjoy quality food and pay for it. We have never had a bad experience. My sister did one time when she went there with her husband, and they comped the entire meal except drinks and were extremely apologetic. I don't know what more you can ask for from a restaurant. Great food and service. They will take care of you if something is wrong...don't just complain to yourself and online. Speak to the right person - they will do all they can to make it right.

• Visited July 2014

Painted Post, New York
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great ambiance and fantastic menu. Everything we ordered was cooked to well and the flavors were very nicely devoloped. The service was great, very attentive staff and the meal was well timed. They gave us time to enjoy each coarse and digest, did not feel rushed at all.

Some of the the really noteworthy items were;
Apps: fire cracker shrimp, brie with sweet pepper jelly, crab and lobster cakes.
Salad: I had a really tasty cesear salad, not the most breathetaking part of the meal, but it held its own among the other items. The vegetables were fresh in the sald
Main Dish: I had the rack of lamb, very nice portion. I ordered it medium rare and it was served exactly right. Nice crust with rare center. Also they have a chicken Sorrento (chicken with grilled eggplant on top covered with cheese and marina sauce) which was very good!

Dessert we had the Creme brulee and it was really good!

We were too full for dessert, next time we'll hav

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Barry K
“Quality highly variable. Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I live in Corning and am "forced" to dine here for business reasons about once a month. The only thing I can say is "thank god" I don't have to pay for these dinners, because they are way overpriced for the quality of both food and service. Steaks are fair to good, as long as the chef does not overcook them. Sides just OK and salads are just from the bags they sell over in Wegman's, complete with the occasional slimy piece. Service is also highly variable, especially when your group exceeds 2 or 4 people. They really get flummoxed. I really wonder where the supervision is in the restaurant. It appears to me it is on "autopilot", just meandering around the ocean. It is a shame because Corning has so few restaurants that are in this price range.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Useronetwo
Watkins Glen, New York
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I have gone here several times and just want to finally commend the staff for amazing service. I have come here for work, family, and date night. Most recently for an early Fathers Day Lunch. Great job start to finish even with difficult clientele. Food good but front desk to wait staff A+

1 Thank Susan C
Upstate New York
“Overrated and not worth the money.......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The service here is below par.

They have a nice bar but the bartender behind the rails was not interested in pouring drinks. We have been here many times....and the last time was our last time.

There are better restaurants on Market Street- with better service at a more reasonable price.

• Visited June 2014