“Good drinks, but expensive”
Review of The Three Birds

The Three Birds
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good drinks, but expensive”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visited this restaurant several times while in Corning on this occasion, mostly for drinks, but one night for dinner. We've never had a negative experience at Three Birds. My boyfriend and I spent $100 on dinner easily. Our steaks were cooked well, but were very pricey for what was served. The drinks are always good. My biggest complaint here, which was out of the norm for Three Birds, was the service. The waiter helping us was also taking care of the bar by himself, and it took us a LONG time to have service in every phase of the meal. Once we were done eating, it took me over fifteen minutes standing at the bar to get his attention to get my bill, and it was NOT that busy. Of course we will return- delicious, great drink selection, and lovely ambiance- but hopefully we will have some better service next time.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Trisha S

Rockport, Massachusetts
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was recommended to us as probably the best restaurant in Corning. It had nice modern decor, a large bar and a large dining area. The food included some unusual dishes but everything was good including the wine recommendation and our service. We made reservations but the night we went the town was quiet and we had our pick of tables. We sat in the window and watched everyone walk by. It was an enjoyable evening.

• Visited May 2014
Key West, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the artichoke appetizer. 007 sushi roll excellent. Service and atmosphere were great. Unfortunately Too full for dessert. yum!

Painted Post, New York
“Great food and upscale atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you are looking for an upscale experience in Corning this is the place you want to go!

We had the pumpkin ravioli starter and it was wonderful. Perfectly seasoned with a sage beurre blanc sauce. I was crass and wiped my dish with a piece of bread. Yum! The bread is fresh and delicious. Baked in house and served with a bowl of seasoned olive oil and parmesan shreds. The beet salad was absolutely delicious. The golden beets were perfecty carmelized and actually tasted like a fruit. We had the pecan crusted pork tenderloin with whipped potatoes and garlic infused green beans. The pork was tender and cooked perfectly. The demi glace had just the right amount of rosemary. Finally dessert we shared the chocolate pate which melts on the tongue like the finest truffle. It was accented with a rasberry sause and fresh berries.

Second visit
I started out with the Baby Greens Salad Organic Field Greens, Crumbled Blue Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes, Laced with a Modena-Balsamic Vinaigrette it was great very fresh tasting! Then for dinner had the Honey-Roasted Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin it was very good!!! I wish I wasn't full because the desserts looked amazing I will be trying them next time I go! Just so you know meals are little pricey but not bad for what you get!

• Visited April 2014
New York City
“Really Good Food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were told this was the best restaurant in town. Centrally located on Market Street. We reserved a table in the afternoon and they showed a plan and we were able to pick our own table location.

Food was innovative an delicious. I had a water melon and cucumber gazpacho and it was light and delicious.
My wife had a wonderful rack or lamb and I had soft shell crabs. I wish the crabs were crispier, but they were very good. Too full for dessert!

Visited June 2014