“cheaper than expected with good service and atmosphere”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Corning
Price range: US$7 - US$43
Cuisines: Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Walnut & Pine
Description: Two unique dining experiences; choose from our lounge side with bar menu and entrees available or choose the full fine-dining experience in our dining room. Features 40 wines by the glass kept in climate controlled cuvinee system or over 100 by the bottle. We offer gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options on our tapas and entree menus.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

tapas portions were good for dinner, much larger portions than typical tapas, say, like Jaleo in DC. moderate flavors, moderate presentation, nice wine selection on an iPad with explanations, no rushing us, very tasty unusually good molten lava cake for dessert. enjoy a step up from the pizza, bbq and italian of market street in comfort.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just went here for the first time and had desert only. My waitress was very friendly and helpful. We ordered the Raspberry Creme Brulee and the Chia pudding. The Brulee was very good and tasted great the pudding was ok at best. I was really rice pudding with some raspberry for 8 bucks. I do look forward to trying some here next time!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The Cellar

This was truly an incredible dining experience! The decor of the restaurant was hip,contemporary and welcoming. We enjoyed the wine list being on an iPad, which made finding the right wine fun and a really cool experience in itself. We started with a cheese plate, chèvre, lapsing sou chong, and ____valis cheeses served with crackers, pickled fennel (that looked and tasted more like onions) and a fig jam that was amazing! We also ordered the coffee cured smoked salmon dish which was a great choice. The flavor of the salmon wasn't diminished by the smoking process which often makes Salmon and other fish hard to appreciate because all you can taste is the smoke. Here there was a perfect balance of the fish and the spices and smoking method. All the appetizers were delicious and very enjoyable.

The wine selection was amazing, the Vino-Pad helped us to narrow down our selection and then read reviews of the wines right at our table before making a final decision. They also had a decent beer list and martini menu.

Our server was great! An adorable young lady with long dark hair that due to my 53 year old brain, I can't recall her name. She was attentive, friendly and gave great recommendations for dinner and dessert. Dinner consisted of Day boat scallops served perfectly prepared with caramelized tops and bottoms, tender and delectable!
My husband enjoyed the beef cheeks in a trumpet mushroom sauce. The beef was tender and juicy,flavor forward without being too traditional in flavor .

We finished with a lemon tart which was simply the best dessert ever! The Chia pudding, a delicious concoction with a taste of chai with a texture of rice pudding. Another indulgence (after all it was my birthday) a scoop of the salted caramel ice cream and one scoop of vanilla too. The salted caramel was so incredible I want to drive up there, a mere 3 hours, to buy a few gallons of it. Wow! This chef was really on the ball! Everything was superior to just about every where we've eaten lately. We were thrilled!

We highly recommend the cellar when in Corning,NY!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I planned a dinner at The Cellar for my husbands birthday. I have severe shellfish allergies, the staff was very good about ensuring that my food did not come in contact with any allergens.

Our food was exceptional! The plates were beautful as well as delicious. The chef is well trained, and does an exceptional job attending to every detail. The menu has great options for those who are carnivores or vegetarian. The staff is able and will to accommodate for dietary restrictions. We definitely will return.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a great place to eat if you're a vegan or vegetarian although they have a nice selection of meat dishes. I tried the "cornbread" which really wasn't to my liking but I was looking for something different and I'm glad I tried it anyway. They have a great wine selection! Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was neat!