“Excellent steak, good wine selection” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gaffer Grille and Taproom
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Le Muy, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Excellent steak, good wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Well located in old Corning downtown, walking distance from the glass museum and nearby hotels, the Grille offers classic pubfare with great steaks and a good selection of beers and wines.
We had a great steak supper there in July, with my kids chosing from the children menu. Good food and a specially good wine selection.
Good service, no surprises. I have been going there for years (on business trips) and was never disapointed.

• Visited July 2014

Turnersville, New Jersey
“Ok food, ok place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to dinner here after reading other positive TripAdvisor reviews. We had an ok experience. I had a steak, 3 of my companions each ordered the chicken dip appetizer (after reading "it was to die for!") and another ordered a burger. My steak (a strip) was cooked to order as the reviews had mentioned, but had a lot of gristle and was a bit "chewy" versus being tender (I order strips a lot so I know the type of steak they are, and should not be compared to a filet mignon, etc.). My companions all were a bit disappointed in the lack of chicken in their appetizer - they had thought there would either be shredded chicken or small chunks of chicken, but all mentioned that there were little chicken bits and not many of them. They also said it was a pretty spicy dish. The person who had the burger said it was pretty good. The acoustics were a bit off as it was really noisy in the back dining room, and our server seemed overwhelmed with too many tables that night (she mentioned that she had quite a few other tables in another room), so our service was very slow and drinks were not refilled often (which was not great for the spicy dip eaters). It was not awful, and maybe we were there on an off night, but as in the title, it was an ok place with ok food.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Heidi W
Kendall Park, New Jersey
“Nice atmosphere right in Corning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We we're referred to this restaurant by our hotel and it was spot-on. Good food, good beer menu and friendly service. It's located right on the Main Street in Corning, with lots of neat shops and restaurants. My wife's steak was cooked just right. I had the blackened Mahi-Mahi (which I asked them to go light on the blackening / get it the regular way for more seasoning).

1 Thank Alan B
Corning, New York
“Great Steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Gaffer has become my new favorite Twin Tiers restaurant. Their steaks are some of the best I have ever had. Try the chicken wig dip, homemade perfection. The draft beer selection is large and impressive. Can be pricey but well worth it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
“Great bar and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Watched a world cup soccer game at the bar. Fun company, great service, good selection of beers. Also had dinner. Food was very good (pork medallions; chicken). Would go back.

Visited July 2014