“A little slice of Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corning
Ferenbaugh Campground
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My family stayed at Ferenbaugh Campground for the first time five years ago and stayed at a little site by the creek. We fell in love and have returned every year since. There are a variety of sites available for different needs including full service hook ups that seem ideal for larger campers, rustic cabins (two of them next to the babbling creek), wooded private and semi private hillside sites and tent sites too. There are activities nearly every weekend for the whole family and the children have a wonderful time there with so many things to do while enjoying the great outdoors. Memorial Day, Watkins Glen Race Weekend and Labor Day weekend are always very busy with lots of "new friends" to meet and fun to be had by all. Management is friendly and always have been willing to go the extra mile. The camp store is well stocked and propane is available on site. The kids especially like the ice cream bar on hot summer nights and the pool is clean and a great place to enjoy the beauty surrounding this campground. I guess my title says it all, "A little slice of Heaven" and we can't imagine a Summer without Ferenbaugh being a part of it.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Brchluvr

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this two months before the Watkins Glen race. When I spoke to the lady she said they had a cancellation and we could book the Gypsy Wagon. Yes....I was a little leary about the name but the lady assured me 4 adults could sleep in there. I had to send payment in advance. Before I sent payment I called the Chamber of Commerce. The lady stated this was a very nice campground. WOW......thanks Corning New York ......this was a disgrace.......Not sure how they get by renting the Gypsy Wagon but it is a joke.......They arrived took one look and left. Came back the next day during the daylight hours and could not believe what they saw. Went to complain and get our money back and she would only give half of it back. What a joke and we will tell everyone about the Fenenbaugh Campsite.....Stay away def not worth calling about!!

Room Tip: Stay Away....There are no good Wagons to Rent
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend at Ferenbaugh and thought it was lovely. The sites are very good sized and easy to access with a fairly large camper. Also, most of the sites we looked at while walking around had a nice sense of privacy which we also liked. It reminded me of the place where my family used to camp every summer when I was a kid in Michigan. Kids were playing and swimming (not glued to phones or game systems). Our site was next to the creek and we had the greatest time watching a group of kids chasing fish, making dams, floating sticks, etc for hours! They were bummed to get called back to their site when it got dark ~ they wanted to keep playing! It was really pleasant all the way around. I recommend Ferenbaugh to anyone who wants to stay in a peaceful family environment. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborrah S
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This campground claims to be "quiet" and "friendly" and it is neither. Additionally, upon arrival, guests are given a list of "Rules" that include quiet hours and say anyone who does not obey these hours will be kicked out. Well, when my family and I stayed at this campground recently, the place was FILLED with white trash. The people in the site next to us were drunk, using foul language and screaming at each other the entire first day and night. We were not able to get a full night's sleep in our tent because of the trash next door. The next morning, we informed "management" of the problem and the "manager" said she would take care of it. According to the "Rules," this behavior should have warranted an eviction. However, the "manager" said she gave our neighbors a "stern warning" and that they would stop. We informed her that they were just playing nice in front of her yet she assured us there would be no more problems. Lo and behold, around 1:30am the following morning, the drinking, cursing, yelling and vomiting began once again. My family and I lost two nights sleep at what is supposed to be a "quiet family campground" because the "manager" was too scared to tell the trash to pack up and go. The management at Ferenbaugh is AWFUL!!

Also, the bathrooms and showers were absolutely disgusting, and the slop sink outside of the shower was filled with vomit the entire weekend. There was never any toilet paper or paper towels and the showers were always cold. The laundry room had six washing machines, four of which were out of order!! I would NEVER recommend this campground to ANYONE!!! We will be calling this week to get our money back. If you are planning to camp in the Corning area, DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank K71
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I made a reservation for my boyfriend and I to stay one night in a cabin at Ferenbaugh many months in advance. The trip was planned around a concert in the area in May. As it happened, the day of the concert saw some extreme weather, and the concert was postponed until the end of July.
I immediately called Ferenbaugh to transfer my reservation from the May date to the new date in July. I was told that the exact cabin I'd had booked was not available then. I had to ask several more questions to discover that there were other, different cabins that were available, and I then said that I would like to change my reservation to any cabin available. I was told that this would be fine and given a confirmation number, which I wrote down along with the name of the woman who I had spoken with. I wasn't completely confident in the organizational skills or the handling of any conversations had with "Sheri."
All of this time, Ferenbaugh has had my name, address, phone number, and credit card information. The week before the concert, I called Ferenbaugh to confirm the reservation, partly out of habit and partly because of a gut feeling. I spoke with Sheri and gave her my confirmation number and was told that there was no record of my reservation. I was given no explanation, apology, or attempt at correcting the situation. Sheri mumbled a lot and pretended to shuffle some papers around and then claimed that she would call me back after looking into the situation. I confirmed my phone number with her and still have never received a call back.
I am only glad that I had the presence of mind to call to confirm and didn't discover this oversight upon arrival after driving 3 hours and having no place to stay.
Not impressed, Ferenbaugh!!
I have since booked a cabin in a reputable campground (KOA) a few miles away, who made sure to email me a legitimate booking number and gave me the exact location of the cabin I would be staying at-- a cabin which, for the same price as Ferenbaugh, includes Television, air conditioning, fridge, microwave, and private bathroom.
I would recommend any campers drive the extra few miles past Ferenbaugh and just give KOA your business!! There is a reason they are a nationally well-known camping chain...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shovelhead66
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We absolutely love Ferenbaugh! The sites are huge and very private on the hill. There are endless weekend activities that are enjoyed by all. We have 3 children ranging in age from 6 to 12 and they ALL love it here! Many wonderful memories here...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family