This is the second year in a row that myself and my family stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Corning. Overall, its a great hotel. The rooms are very nice, spacious and well-equipped. We always get the two bedroom suite which is perfect for my family of five. The hotel itself is well-maintained and the grounds and interior are very appealing. We love the indoor pool but unfortunately the spa was closed due to a broken heater. My wife and I were rather disappointed but what can you do. The morning breakfast bar is awesome and was stocked consistently. No need to go out for breakfast unless something special and specific is desired. The sundowner receptions were nice as well during midweek including various main dishes(pizza, taco bar, meatball subs), complimented with soda, wine, beer, coffee and tea. I only have two reservations. First, the beds are in need of replacement. They are a bit saggy and in some cases, you can feel springs. I slept OK but my wife had problems. Not good when a hotel should first and foremost, have comfortable beds. Second, we were in room 154, which was a two bedroom suite that directly behind the wall in the master suite was the elevator shaft. So, each morning starting at about 6am, you heard a loud hum and vibration of the elevator going up and down. This would last an hour or so(because I just had enough), and went on every 10 minutes or so. So, I do not recommend room 154. All in all, it is our favorite hotel in the area and just hope that they upgrade their bedding soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Corning New York is an all suite hotel designed for flexibility and adaptability to meet your specific needs. Hotel features, studio, one bedroom and two bedroom/two bathroom suites all include fully equipped kitchens. Other amenities include on-site 24 hour convenience store, complimentary laundry facilities and self serve business center with complimentary high-speed Internet access, on site fitness center as well as complimentary use of local health club. There is a outdoor courtyard including sport court and gas grills. Our hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast daily with hot item. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Staybridge Suites hotels offer the 'Social' reception from 5:30PM-7:30PM with light snacks, beer, wine and sodas. Staybridge Suites Corning New York is located minutes from the Corning Inc. headquarters, it is only a short walk from the hotel to Corning's Museum of Glass and Corning's Gaffer District which offers a variety of restaurants, pubs and unique shopping experiences. You can also enjoy the remarkable Finger Lakes Region and wine country. The Watkins Glen International raceway is only a short drive away as well as more than 50 wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Staybridge Suites Corning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Corning Hotel Corning
- Corning Staybridge Suites