“Definitely a hit!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Chesapeake Beach
“Definitely a hit!”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel was very nice. An error was made in our reservation and we ended up with a 2 bdrm. suite instead of a one bdrm. No additional charge was made and we got to enjoy our huge room! The staff was extremely helpful and kind. We really felt it was a treat to stay here and compared to other places, the price was fairly reasonable. We would be happy to return here. The location is also a plus - so close to the Corning Glass Welcome Center!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura41055

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is the second year in a row that myself and my family stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Corning. Overall, its a great hotel. The rooms are very nice, spacious and well-equipped. We always get the two bedroom suite which is perfect for my family of five. The hotel itself is well-maintained and the grounds and interior are very appealing. We love the indoor pool but unfortunately the spa was closed due to a broken heater. My wife and I were rather disappointed but what can you do. The morning breakfast bar is awesome and was stocked consistently. No need to go out for breakfast unless something special and specific is desired. The sundowner receptions were nice as well during midweek including various main dishes(pizza, taco bar, meatball subs), complimented with soda, wine, beer, coffee and tea. I only have two reservations. First, the beds are in need of replacement. They are a bit saggy and in some cases, you can feel springs. I slept OK but my wife had problems. Not good when a hotel should first and foremost, have comfortable beds. Second, we were in room 154, which was a two bedroom suite that directly behind the wall in the master suite was the elevator shaft. So, each morning starting at about 6am, you heard a loud hum and vibration of the elevator going up and down. This would last an hour or so(because I just had enough), and went on every 10 minutes or so. So, I do not recommend room 154. All in all, it is our favorite hotel in the area and just hope that they upgrade their bedding soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank skidak
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Good breakfast. Easy access to half a basketball court. Nice outdoor seating. Indoor swimming pool and best of all nice staff.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Strattanville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My mother, aunt, grandmother and myself stayed last weekend in one of their two bedroom suites and had a wonderful experience. The room was clean, well cared for, and there was plenty of room for all four of us to relax. The continental breakfast was amazing and we loved the small travel shop down in the lobby where we could by any toiletries that we forgot as well as snacks/meals. The front desk person was so kind and very helpful with anything we needed and check in and check out were so easy. We had called ahead to request a room close to the exit because my grandmother has difficulty walking long distances and had a room that was the perfect distance for her. We loved the location because it was close to the Rockwell Museum and the Glass Museum and within 30 minutes of the Family Life Center in Bath, Ny. It is clear that there is a wonderful team working their and we will always choose Staybridge Suites when we are staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RottweilerMommy
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Staybridge Suites was an excellent choice for a meetup with our young 20s daughters. We needed a central meeting place for the weekend and the Suites set up was perfect. We took a 2 bedroom suite which meant they had their own room, bathroom and TV as did my husband and myself, and there was a central living room, eating, kitchenette where we all could watch TV and play boardgames without having to be in someones bedroom.
Staybridge Suites is also pet friendly so we brought the family dog for the girls to spend sometime with and that worked out great. For those of you who might worry about staying in a place that allows pets, ours is a non-shedding dog because of our highly allergic, asthmatic daughter, but they must really clean the rooms because my daughter had no issues with animals having previously been in the rooms and there was certainly no sign of animals having been in our room.
We didn't try the indoor pool but the hot tub was great, and the fitness room had good quality aerobic equipment. My husband used the basketball hoop. The staff was efficient and friendly. The showers were good.
The free breakfast was better than average, and nice enough we ended up eating there every morning.
I gave the location only 4 stars because it was in an odd, non-scenic, nothing area of town but it was only 4 blocks from the Corning Museum of Glass, and another 3 blocks got you to the town with it's cute shops and restaurants so it's hard to complain about that and walkable.
We had a fabulous weekend doing some glass classes at the Corning Museum of Glass. The Glass Museum itself was very interesting. We also enjoyed the Rockwell Museum of Art in town. Both museums had great gift shops you shouldn't miss.
We are definitely going to return to Corning to take another glass class and if we are going as a family will definitely return to Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnydayz007
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel earlier this month. I booked a one bedroom suite with a sleeper sofa bed in the living room. I called the hotel (long distance) before I made the reservation to ensure that the sofa bed was in good condition because I would be using it. I was ensured that it was fine When I arrived, I checked and it was in terrible shape. Old, tilted and the springs came through. Bottom line, I did not get ANY sleep and ended up calling the front desk at 4:30am to complain and also filled out a questionnaire. To top it off I emailed the hotel and after no response, I called and spoke with the manager. All I got was yes, we are aware of the situation. This was one of the worst experiences I have had in a hotel, ever. I know sofa beds are not usually that great but this one was a disaster.. I forgot to mention to the manager that there was popcorn under the bed as well. I was such devoted customer of this chain but will think twice before making another reservation..

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Girly313
Toronto
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This was a good hotel with friendly staff and nice large rooms. We had a suite that was well equipped with the supplies needed for a visit. It was in a good location to visit the Corning Museum of Glass, which was why we were in town. It had a nice size pool that was a good temperature. Recommend highly. Loved the waffles for breakfast (included).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MANA_Toronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Staybridge Suites Corning? Share your experiences!