The Staybridge Suites Corning is within walking distance of the Corning Glass Museum, but is a bit distant from the Market Street shopping district. I enjoyed my room on the third floor overlooking the courtyard. My room was quite comfortable with a good bed and pillows, sofa, desk and adjustable chair, flat screen television, and a small but serviceable kitchen. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Room cleaning is lightweight (except for every seventh day) and not provided on weekends unless you request it. The breakfast buffet had a good selection including eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, fruit, breads, oatmeal, and waffles. Unfortunately the omelets served on alternate days were precooked. The lobby is comfortable and a small meal with beer and wine is available on Tuesday through Thursday. There's a pool, hot tub, and a small gym with only cardiovascular equipment, but no weights. For long term stays, the free laundry room is a big advantage. My only problem with this hotel is that the Internet was useless both in my room and in the lobby; bandwidth was just too low. I finally turned my wifi off and relied on my cellular carrier which was an order of magnitude better. There is a wired Internet option, but it doesn't help with users of cell phones and most tablets. Hopefully the hotel will improve its wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Corning New York is an all suite hotel designed for flexibility and adaptability to meet your specific needs. Hotel features, studio, one bedroom and two bedroom/two bathroom suites all include fully equipped kitchens. Other amenities include on-site 24 hour convenience store, complimentary laundry facilities and self serve business center with complimentary high-speed Internet access, on site fitness center as well as complimentary use of local health club. There is a outdoor courtyard including sport court and gas grills. Our hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast daily with hot item. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Staybridge Suites hotels offer the 'Social' reception from 5:30PM-7:30PM with light snacks, beer, wine and sodas. Staybridge Suites Corning New York is located minutes from the Corning Inc. headquarters, it is only a short walk from the hotel to Corning's Museum of Glass and Corning's Gaffer District which offers a variety of restaurants, pubs and unique shopping experiences. You can also enjoy the remarkable Finger Lakes Region and wine country. The Watkins Glen International raceway is only a short drive away as well as more than 50 wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Corning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Corning Hotel Corning
- Corning Staybridge Suites