“Find somewhere else”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We saw this place on our walk back to our hotel from dinner. It looked quaint and the food on the specials board outside of the restaurant looked yummy. So we decided to try it for breakfast the next morning. The restaurant was by no means busy when we walked in. There was a table of 4 ladies and a few tables that were on their way out. You have to place your order at the counter, take a number and then someone will deliver it to you. There were two couples ahead of me. The girl taking the order was young and VERY easily confused. I placed my order for blueberry pancakes and asked for a side of sausage. I knew we were in trouble when she said to me, but I am suppose to ask you what kind of potatoes and toast you want. Potatoes and toast with my pancakes???? Talk about carb loading. She finally figured out what I was trying to order gave me our number, we sat down and over an hour later my bland dry pancakes arrived with the dryed out sad little sausage patty. Thankfully the potatoes and toast weren't left off. It took FOREVER!!!! for our food to arrive. Apparently, they prepare one table at a time serve the food and start the next table. Unbelievable!!!! It was literally almost lunchtime before my brunch arrived. The sad thing is, this place has so much potential. It is nicely decorated, great location. The menu is great, but they need to find someone that knows how to run a kitchen efficently and who knows how to cook. My sister in law's soup was flavorless and my brother in law's breakfast sandwich was not good either. We were so disappointed. We definitly will not come back and I would not recommend anyone to go there unless great improvements are made.

1  Thank mrsd619
There are newer reviews for Walker Cake Company

Reviewed 19 June 2013

When we visited we had dessert. Many people rave about this place. We were not impressed. The cupcakes were dry and the muffins were too. The cheesecake had more of a cake like crust rather than a traditional crust. The prices were pretty cheaper than most places like this. They serve food and coffee also.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

So, my friend and I were really looking forward to trying this place out for lunch. We were pleased when we walked in, until we saw how unhappy the servers were! Our food was served quickly, but the chips were stale and they forgot our tap waters and silverware. We ordered cupcakes to share for dessert and they were nothing special at all. Frosting was WAY too sweet and cake was dry. I was going to order cookies to go, but decided not to after tasting the cupcakes. I bake regularly and know GOOD BAKED goods... not what we tasted today. Also, I ordered a spinach salad to go and was shocked to see that they put CANNED MUSHROOMS on it instead of fresh. YUK! May give this place another try in the summer for breakfast, just because I think it's fair to do so. I see that the reviews in 2012 were excellent but have seriously declined since Feb. of 2013. I'm wondering if there are issues with staff or management? The people working here really did not look happy at all! Sad, really because it's a cute place with items on the menu that sound great! Hmmmmmmmmmm???

1  Thank 9Sonja
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We recently had lunch at Walkers and found the service to be extremely poor. The system is you place your order at the counter and they bring it out to you. Not sure if they were under staffed or the staff didn’t care but it took forever to get our lunch. We then made the mistake of ordering dessert. It’s hard to believe that it took longer to receive dessert that came out of the case than our lunch. The food was average at best and a little pricey considering you order at the counter.

1  Thank JMCUpstateNY
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Had a terrible experience at Walker Cake Company. Ordered a cake that I saw on the website. The cake I got looked nothing like the one advertised. It was a football helmet cake. I ordered a Falcon's helmet; they made a Green Bay helmet. They offered to fix it and did a terrible job. They tried to cover their mistakes with green frosting (grass) and graham cracker crumbs (dirt). It looked ridiculous! They refused to refund my money. I don't have enough space to tell you how terribly I was treated. Buyer beware! They CANNOT deliver on what they promise. Worst yet, they won't admit they've made a mistake and refuse to make it right.

1  Thank Kelly E