“Very good food”

Slammin Jammin Southern Smoked BBQ
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We decided to stop by for a bite. The food was very good but I found the person taking the order was unpleasant but the owner made up for it by asking how the food was. Would definitely go back but just because we ordered water she gave us a weird look.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The ribs, brisket and pulled pork were delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great place to eat in or take out.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was near Corning for 3-4 days in May and had a hankering for real Southern bbq...Found this place on Trip advisor and it was well reviewed...so I came over. It's easy to find -- and must be a lunch favorite with workers from the Corning Glass place. Lots of "workers" there at lunch. Service was quick and the choices were good. I like bbq chicken and so I got a lunch plate with a quarter chicken (white meat), and beans, slaw and cornbread. That's my idea of a good lunch. The chicken had been recently heated on the grill -- had good burnt (I like that) places on the skin..but it was a bit dry inside. The sides were good -- only not quite as BIG as I'd like them...the cornbread was sweet and tasty...so I was happy and full when I left...everyone was friendly. Except for the slight issue of dryness on the chicken (which might have been a one-time thing) My Southern taste for bbq was satisfied...

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just had the ribs for the first time. They had a great flavor and a unique sauce cooked well not overdone. I cant begin to tell you how big the rack of ribs is there!! The amount of meat on them is immense! I am a big eater and I couldn't eat the whole rack. The second time I went back I tried a few sides. The onion rings were standard they were crisp and well done. The baked beans were sweet and tasted great! I'm hoping to go back and try the brisket and the pulled pork. This has to be the best bbq place in the area if you like ribs bar none!

Another plus is they are really quick if you want takeout!

2  Thank Barry K
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We picked up food from Slammin and Jamin for Mother's Day -ribs, brisket, chicken, pork and all the sides - it was a hit with everyone!!