“Delicious food, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Pub, Pizza, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family friendly restaurant with a full bar and menu. In our bar you can enjoy NY Lottery, pool, darts, sports on many tv's. For large groups or parties we have upstairs seating and if the weather cooperates the patio is open for some outside dining or drinks
Corning, New York
“Delicious food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lots of great items on the menu. We LOVE the wings! The staff is always friendly and the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited June 2014

“best burger in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I'm in Cap'n Morgans at least four days out of the week and from salads to steaks, and even seafood dishes, they're delicious and reasonably priced. I'm hung up on their 'Cheeseburger in Paradise' and it might have something to do with the sauce, no need for ketchup or mustard on this one! They'll even wrap it up in a warm tortilla if you don't want the bun, though it still requires two hands! The atmosphere is friendly, the service is great and there always seems to be something going on. Who doesn't love karaoke or live local bands?! It's numero uno on my list of favorite bars in Corning.

1 Thank Rachel H
Elmira, New York
“Bum rap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This place is better than the reviews, below. Its a bar!!!!!! If you don't want to sit near the bar and have people all around you, then ask to sit in the dining room out back which is perfectly nice. I had raw oysters, good beer, great jambalaya. (Hmmmmm.....What's this about "burgers and fries and not much more"????) Other folks with me had no complaints. Food was good, service was good, prices were OK. They have much more than burgers and fries.

Probably only deserves 4 1/2 stars, but I can't do that so I gave it 5 to balance out those lousy reviews by people who came to a bar for dinner and then complained because they were eating dinner in a bar!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JohnandJaneS
Corning, New York
“are we dining in the same place?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

As a Corning native we regularly take our family to Cap'n Morgan's for dinner. There is a bright and friendly back dining room that is nowhere near the bar. The staff knows us by name now and they are very accommodating whether it's just us and the kids (who eat free on Thursday's by the way) or a whole group of us. The food, with some exception as with all restaurants, is usually delicious, and we always leave satisfied. If you've had a bad experience I'd say try again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank minivdub
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“rude rude rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stopped in for a drink and appetizer, the bartender just stood there looking at me waiting for me to order, there was no hello, what can I get you. We ordered the crab/artichoke dip, it was the consistency of water with barley cut up artichokes. I told our most gracious bartender we didn't want it, he gladly took it off our bill, and handed us our check (we weren't done yet) We had planned to stay a bit but I guess he had a different idea. The place is dirty and run down, it looks like the owners just gave up, used to be a fun place. The last couple, of times we've been in there the bartenders we horribly rude, hello, you work for tips!!! This place needs a Bar Rescue bad!!!

1 Thank crystalcitycari