“Delicious!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Corning Family Dining Tradition since 1951. Sorge’s is a 2nd generation family owned restaurant specializing in homemade pasta, sauces, desserts, and our own special blend of top choice beef for our burgers. Features: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Dessert, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Families with Children, Groups up to 80, Reservations, Romance, Special Occasions, Takeout, Full Liquor License, Handicap accessible, Free Parking in front.
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

This was recommended by some locals we met. Having ordered a salad, I tried their house made Italian. It may not look full of spices and like much of a dressing, but it was light, delicious, and full of flavor. I had also enjoyed he meatballs while my lunch companion loved his hot sausage grinder served on French bread.
You also must save room and end your experience with a most delicious cannoli - sweetened with vanilla and a great texture on the cream filling.

Sorges_in_Corning, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thanks so much Nikidee for the wonderful review you gave our restaurant! It's a good feeling to know that we satisfied your taste buds!! Hope to see you again when you are in Corning and please do ask for us next time!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Friend and I ate here for lunch the other day in late April. It was a Sunday afternoon and it was pretty much the only place open on the street. I can see places being closed in dead of winter but the weekend was a beautiful one (highs in the 70s). Places could have done a decent business. Well their loss.

We ate at Sorges and it was delicious. I got spaghetti with oil and garlic and my friend got Salmon Milano. Both of us liked our food. We also got bruschetta and that was very good as well. Prices were reasonable also.

Not a lot to do in corning on a weekend in April which is a shame as it is a cute little town. The olive oil store down the road was open and we did go in there as well as an art store. But I wanted to shop local but could not.

Sorges_in_Corning, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Wow! I see that you are a world traveler. Thank you for taking the time to share your "Italian Dining Experience" with the world. The Salman Milano seems to be a recent favorite, glad your friend liked it. Mike & Chris

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Sorge's was opened in 1952 and it appeared to be a mainstay of Corning ever since. The back of the menu gave the history of the restaurant and the family whose love and hard work makes Sorge's a delightful Italian cuisine experience. My wife and I were visiting for the weekend to see the Corning Glass Museum, and the experience at this restaurant was an added treat. My waitress was the owner's daughter and she was quite personable and helpful in recommending the courses for us to have. The food was excellent, and quite reasonably priced. They offered us a free dessert with the purchase of one since the hotel we were staying in had an arrangement with the restaurant. The dessert was as delicious as the entrees.

If you travel to Corning, NY to see the Glassworks, or any other reason, I highly recommend a meal at Sorge's on Market Street. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you Steven for taking the time to share your experience. The Corning Museum of Glass is a great gem for our area. I am happy you enjoyed your meal with us. Mike & Chris PS, Just where is "Great Neck" anyway?

Reviewed 29 April 2013

It's easy to see why this restaurant was ranked near the top for Corning NY. The atmosphere reminded me of something like Greece or old-world. It looked like it was decorated and put together by a professional designer. My boyfriend and I went here for a Sunday breakfast. Our waitress and the service was very quick and professional, and the food was excellent. Definitely would recommend people to go to this restaurant when they are in Corning.

Thank You Karen for the kind words. We do try to make your dining experience a truly unique experience. I am glad you enjoyed our slice of Italy. Mike & Chris

Reviewed 21 April 2013

If your in the Corning area and want some fantastic Italian food go no futher than Sorge's. My wife and I recently dined there and it was great. The staff and service are excellent. I enjoyed the veal parmesan and my wife had homemade pasta, both fantastic.They serve local wines from the region, and there pricing I feel makes it affordable for families to enjoy.

Sorges_in_Corning, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you Billy. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. A fine wine always makes a nice complement to a great meal. And we have some great local available. Glad you enjoyed them. Mike & Chris