“Food not worth eating”

Market Street Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Lindsay, Canada
“Food not worth eating”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had supper there this past Monday. A bad experience. I ordered a veggie wrap that looked good. It had so much liquid in it that when I picked it up it ran out. When I picked up the second half the wrap was so soggy. Awful.
My husband had chicken pot pie with a Caesar salad. The only way you new it was a Caesar was by the Parmesan cheese and croutons. No flavour at all. The couple next to us had it as well and they didn't finish it either.
We visit Corning a couple times a year on our travels. This place is off our list!!!

ny
“Would not go back”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food was lacking in flavor. I had a salad that was ok. My husband had a brad sandwich which was ok. His sweet potato fries were cold put fairly crispy. We shared the homemade potato chips at our table and they were a oily, soggy mess. Our friend had a burger which was only ok. There pub food was really sub par.
After waiting at least 20 minutes for someone to wait on us a young and very nice waitress took our order and served us. She wasn't even assigned out table but felt bad for us.
Really, don't waste your time or money here.

MichiganUSA
“Ok food, nice outdoor patio”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The sweet potato fries were good but the burger my husband had was average and my lunch was also so-so.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank honeymoonerAug2008
nj
“needs some help”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

let's start with the food ... we came in because the special on the board outside appealed to my wife ... then the waitress told us about it ... then we ordered it ... then the waitress came back and said they were out of it, they had to throw all of it out cause the fish was bad (okay, that's fine, but why keep it on the board and why keep telling the customers it was available).....I came in for the one vegetarian option on the menu (they were out of that, too, but they substituted it with a pasta w/vodka sauce - okay - sounded good - except they served me a pasta w/marinara sauce - which was good, but not what was offered) .... we went through our salads and were served the main course before waitress brought over our napkins we were promised when we first sat down .... like I said, it needs help (better management perhaps)

Norwich, Connecticut
“Great overall experience”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were in the area and stopped by for a late lunch, and were promptly seated by the friendly host. Our server appeared soon after and took our drink and food orders. We sampled several of the beers til we were through and were not disappointed in any of them. For food I ordered the BBQ burger with house made fries, both of which were fabulous. The burger was fresh and juicy, a good size with the right amount of toppings. The house made fries are cut round way, so they end up crispy and quite tasty, especially with the spicy ketchup they provided, and the amount was plentiful. My husband ordered the beer brat, which he also said was very good. He didn't upgrade for fries, and just took the standard side of corn chips and salsa. He said the salsa was very good, but the only complaint the whole meal was the amount of corn chips was only 6. As in not even a handful, but 6 regular size corn chips, so that was a bit disappointing, and honestly a bit amusing as well, by the ridiculousness of it. But other than that we enjoyed the food and the brews, the service was friendly, and prices were very reasonable.