“Great rice bowls”

Dining options: After-hours
Pittsburgh
“Great rice bowls”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very cool atmosphere in this place - an unexpected gem in the scenic part of town. We had sushi and rice bowls. All very good. They are aware of gluten allergies and cook with gluten-free soy sauce. The rice bowls were huge and could only each 1/2. I'd love to go back and try something else. It was a Friday night, and they had live music playing in the attached sitting area.

• Visited August 2014

Corning, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“...Do yourself a flavor!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I went here with some friends of mine. We had six of us, and they had to set up a table or us. To wait for that, we sat in a wonderfully comfortable lounge and they brought us water while we waited. After about 5 min our table was ready. I ordered a cocktail jade something...? It was very good! I ordered fried rice and the General Tso's Chicken dish. I must say, some of the best I've EVER had and the fried rice bowl was out of this world! I will say I sorely under estimated how awesomely large my portions were! I just finished my leftovers today for lunch. The atmosphere there is great. I would very much recommend this place if your looking for something other than the typical steak, seafood, pasta fare. Do yourself a flavor, and try Pan Asia!

• Visited August 2014
Corning, New York
“I'll be back again and again”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have enjoyed many trips to Panasia since they opened. My 7 year old and I love going and trying all the different items on the menu from sushi to soup. It is also a great place together with coworkers at the end of the day for a drink and a quick bite, The portions are huge and great for sharing. This is not your every day run of the mill Asian restaurant. Every one I have been with has enjoyed the way things come out at different times it's fun to try things one at a time. When you go be sure to take along people who like to share and try new things. Depending on what you order you can spend a little or a lot. If you want to keep your cost down i'd recommend doing what my son and I sometime do, we each order an appetizer and than share a soup or rice bowl. I also have to say the atmosphere is wonderful and fun. The kitchen is wide open so you can see how your food is prepared and the wait staff are all great.

• Visited June 2014
Horseheads, New York
“Wanting something different and yummy...meh”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Was alone for an early lunch. Had a great window seat in this lovely renovated restaurant. The server was very knowledgeable and very nice. I started with a very yummy non-sushi roll made with tempura sweet potato and that was fabulous. Looking over the odd selection of pseudo asian options, I saw lettuce wraps and instantly got a P.F. Chang hankering (we don't have one in town) so I ordered them. Well, I'm wanting P.F. Chang more than ever. The dish was a generous portion for the price, but the chicken was more of a cilantro/mint flavor than a soy/ginger and it had soggy rice noodles, not crispy. it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't good either. I might stop back and try a rice bowl or more of the "Dirty South Roll" when I'm in the mood as it seems like an OK place to hang out and try a few new things...just no more lettuce wraps.

• Visited July 2014
Finger Lakes, New York
“Needs Significant Fine Tuning”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Dinner on Sunday evenings is always a challenge in Corning. Fortunately Pan-Asia is open on Sunday. This was our first visit and we had heard good things about this restaurant. Unfortunately our experience was somewhat disappointing.

First of all being seated was a bit of a challenge despite it not being that crowded. We finally convinced the hostess that the tables she was proposing were not satisfactory. Finally we got an acceptable one. Then we learned how the food would be delivered...whenever it was ready. Okay, we ordered. It all came out at once on a table that could not accommodate all of the dishes. Not enough room for plates and the serving dishes. The food was okay, but not what we were hoping.

I think this place, which is relatively new, will work out the bugs. The food will improve as will the way it is served. Right now it does not make much sense. In time, it will. I want this restaurant to be good!

Visited July 2014