“Good Indian Food in Corning”
Review of Thali of India

Thali of India
Ranked #35 of 72 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had Dinner here no 9th June 2014. Actually we were travelling with a group from India and had everything arrangement by the Group Tour Operator. So first of all, the Restaurant was not specifically chosen by me.
But still, we thoroughly enjoyed the great food. Our Dinner was arranged on 2nd floor. The quality and test of food was good.
I would again add, that the menu was also preselected by the Tour Manager.
But, would definitely recommend this Restaurant for Good Test & Quality of Food.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

After spending half a day in the Corning Glass Museum we were looking for a decent restaurant and went to this place. Needless to say we were left disappointed.

- Service was terrible: The service was slow and the staff was pretty rude and seemed angry for no reason. They had just two staffers for around 20-25 people.
- Food was decent but the choices of breads in the bread basket was questionable. Upon enquiry the response was in the order of "This is what we have" and "Try those items with kids".

1  Thank Supragya D
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The current owners are clueless. We had a waiter that was clearly high as a kite. Never took our drink orders, threw our menus on the table and never came back! We had to get a different waiter (who was very nice and did a great job covering). I saw the owner drinking at the table behind us, he demanded that the waiter keep bringing him a glass of wine before he waited on customers....then they ran out of the wine I ordered because he drank it all! The owners kids were running around wreaking havoc. Playing on ipads and listening to music really loud. My friend went to use the restroom and the kids were banging on the door and running away. He confronted them about it and was yelled at by the owner! Its such a shame. The food and atmosphere used to be wonderful. My husband and I had our engagement dinner there years ago and it was excellent. Unless they get better management, we will never go back.

1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As the name suggests "The THALI of India" few of us ordered Non-veg thali.. It had a few items chicken tandoori,chicken/lamb makahani, veg korma dal,raita,rice pudding ..everything on the plate except for the rice and dal was horrible.
I had ordered lamb makhani and I felt pukish after I ate the first bite. The oil used for making it was not good and had a bad taste.My friends ordered chicken makhani which turned out to be good.
Paneer tikka was the only dish that we all liked.
Please do not go for the name.. the food is not good at all.

1  Thank Payal D
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I visited this restaurant for couple of times because we don't have any other India restaurant in Corning, NY. But the food is not up to the mark. The Biriyani is horrible!! Don't try it.
The buffet is ok. The only food we liked is Lamb Korma with Naan.

1  Thank Anirban M