“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Budget Inn Corning
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Corning
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This place is so disgusting I'm not even sure where to begin. The minute we walked into our room (133) I was hit by a strong musty odor. The floors are uneven and the carpet is badly stained to the point that I will not walk barefoot in the room. The furniture is old and very damaged. The box spring of our bed was patched with duct tape in one area. The AC works well but is very loud. I think the towels started out white but are now stained brown. The shower is probably the smallest shower I've ever stepped foot in. Also the water alternates from scalding hot to freezing cold no matter what temperature you have it set on. No hair dryer, iron, or coffee pot. Surprisingly there is a fridge and microwave. And to top it all off we found roaches in the bathroom. Do not even consider staying in this dump.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Amiet521
Budgetinncorning, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn Corning, responded to this review, 15 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to apologize for any issues. you may have experienced during your stay, we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team to help solve as many issue that come up as possible. please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Corning, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2012

i am a local in the elmira/corning area. I have priced, and stayed in most of the hotel around here. I am saying that this is the best value around because of the location, (close to elmira and corning), good price, quality of the rooms, helpful staff, and amenities. The rooms on the left side of the hotel is where I stayed. They have nice sized flat screen tv mounted on the wall, an 1100 watt microwave, good sized mini fridge, wifi, and ice cold air cond. This place also has a washer and dryer on site! Just ask one of the staff for access. The rooms are also clean. They actually do a good job on the rooms, change the bed linens and all, no hairs or traces of previous guests ( and I always check!). I would also like to state that there are NO BED BUGS, or bugs of any kind. The outsid of the hotel is well lit at night and is located near a river and lightly wooded area so there may be some bugs OUTSIDE. I was here with my wife and seven month old daughter and had no problems with bug bites or anything for that matter. Very accommodating!

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side of the hotel are better than the ones on the opposite side. They are just...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mo Tim Aaliyah C
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to thank you . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest , we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team helping guests serve better in different ways . please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I am writing this review from my room in the Budget Inn after having just spent the night here. It's nothing remarkable, but is comfortable enough for the price. It is clean, basic accommodation.
I wouldn't want to base myself here for several days, but just passing through for a night, it's fine.
No bed bugs (as remarked by a previous reviewer).
I can't comment about the breakfast - I think American breakfasts are dreadful (waffles?!) and make my own.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank rabbit83
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2011

My wife and I visited Corning for the first time ever,mainly to see the glass museum,which proved to be huge and wonderful.Picked this motel just about 10 minutes East of downtown.Grounds are a bit rundown but the room was very nice with wood paneling;office was nice and cool and staff very responsive,especially the owner,Kenny.He immediately fixed a problem we had upon checking in,and over our 2 day stay was most helpful with advice and directions about the area.We found the rate most reasonable for this stay;would go again,and hope to this coming Fall.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I had requested a single room but was upgraded to a king at no extra charge. Saw several families with dogs. Room was clean and comfortable. WIFI worked well. Front desk gave me a shortcut to get to the Corning Glass museum. Easy to get to off the freeway.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank eiteacher
Corning, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I came to Corning in March of 2011 for work. I saw ads for this place in the local paper and asked about staying on a weekly basis for an indefinate amount of time. The rate I was given was very reasonable and cheaper than renting an apartment after you pay utilities, cable, internet, etc.

The staff here is very friendly and is always willing to help you out if you need anything. Even as weekly tenant I am entitled to daily room service which is a nice perk.

Overall I find the hotel clean and quiet. There is a small fridge and a microwave in the room so you don't have to eat out all the time. The water is very hot which I love since I enjoy a hot shower.

The location is great - right off the highway and 5-10 minutes to town and shopping.

I travel a lot and this is a typical motel room. For me, this place serves its purpose.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PBoyles
Chardon, Oh
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Arrived very early in morn-3:00 am on route to our final destination. Did have a reservation and called ahead to let them know when we would be arriving. It was single digit degrees outside and when we arrived not much warmer in the room. No heat on and we cranked up the heat to 84 and it took until 8:00 in the morning for it to get warm. There was filthy washclothes left on the dresser and we dare not take a shower or sit on the toliet seat for that matter. The rooms were definiately not air tight. There was supposed to be continental breakfast but the night clerk told us that was only during the golf season. The night clerk also took a copy of my husband's drivers' license and wouldn't give a valid explanation as to why. We should have left when we arrived but it was late and we were tired.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EstherChardon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#6 of 7 in Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Budget Inn Corning? Share your experiences!