Budget Inn Corning
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn(Corning)
US$70
Econo Lodge(Painted Post)
US$66
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2012

took my 2 teenage girls on a road trip to niagara falls through corning with a return through scranton, pa. to visit the lackawanna coal mine. fabulous and eventful car trip. definitely recommended. our first stop was at this budget inn where we found rooms that were clean and secure. the staff was without exception welcoming, informative and incredibly accomodating. we were even made a special breakfast to send us on our way and garments that were left behind were mailed to us free-of-charge! the location was smack in the middle of the national soaring museum and corning, new york, where we visited the glass works --- and well situated to visit nearby state parks for hiking as well. the motel itself abuts a beautiful golf course suitable for jogging or a long walk. a great start to a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lisa s
Budgetinncorning, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to thank you . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest , we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team helping guests serve better in different ways . please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

If you are just passing through and just want to spend the night, then this motel is just fine. If you don't mind a little shabby and run down hotel, then you can stay here. The shower don't have that much water pressure. Aesthetically, bathroom wasn't that well-put together.... But hey, if you don't mind that... then this motel is just right for you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This isn't even a 1 star motel. I stayed there a couple of days ago and the furniture was all beat up, the floors nasty and it was dirty. There was no iron or ironing board, and no blow dryer or coffee pot. There was a nice TV, microwave and fridge, but that was it. The tiles on the bathroom floor were all broken...it was just plain nasty, and it stunk to high heaven. To top it all off, I started noticing little bites all over my arms. I went to the doctor and they told me they looked like bedbug bites. I called the owners of this motel and they informed me that they did not have bedbugs. I told them and I don't get bites so this is unusual for me and they said they would go into the room I stayed and and then called me back. Surprise...I received no call back. If I were you, I would drive right on by and pay a little more for a room. Its not work coming home with bedbugs.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra P

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to apologize for any issues. you may have experienced during your stay, we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team to help solve as many issue that come up as possible. please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This place is so disgusting I'm not even sure where to begin. The minute we walked into our room (133) I was hit by a strong musty odor. The floors are uneven and the carpet is badly stained to the point that I will not walk barefoot in the room. The furniture is old and very damaged. The box spring of our bed was patched with duct tape in one area. The AC works well but is very loud. I think the towels started out white but are now stained brown. The shower is probably the smallest shower I've ever stepped foot in. Also the water alternates from scalding hot to freezing cold no matter what temperature you have it set on. No hair dryer, iron, or coffee pot. Surprisingly there is a fridge and microwave. And to top it all off we found roaches in the bathroom. Do not even consider staying in this dump.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Amiet521

Reviewed 14 June 2012

i am a local in the elmira/corning area. I have priced, and stayed in most of the hotel around here. I am saying that this is the best value around because of the location, (close to elmira and corning), good price, quality of the rooms, helpful staff, and amenities. The rooms on the left side of the hotel is where I stayed. They have nice sized flat screen tv mounted on the wall, an 1100 watt microwave, good sized mini fridge, wifi, and ice cold air cond. This place also has a washer and dryer on site! Just ask one of the staff for access. The rooms are also clean. They actually do a good job on the rooms, change the bed linens and all, no hairs or traces of previous guests ( and I always check!). I would also like to state that there are NO BED BUGS, or bugs of any kind. The outsid of the hotel is well lit at night and is located near a river and lightly wooded area so there may be some bugs OUTSIDE. I was here with my wife and seven month old daughter and had no problems with bug bites or anything for that matter. Very accommodating!

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side of the hotel are better than the ones on the opposite side. They are just a little bit more in price, but worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family