“Nasty, Nasty, Nasty”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Corning
West Babylon, New York
“Nasty, Nasty, Nasty”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I was in town for Parent weekend for my daughter's college and this was the only motel online with an available room. I had booked two nights but only stayed one. The room was dirty, paint peeling, filthy upholstery on chair, no bathroom ventilation, cracked door jam (could barely keep the door shut). I left the key on the peeling bureau the next morning, cut my losses for the cost of a second night, and left. I would NEVER stay in this place again!! I have done a lot of traveling and this was by far the WORST I have ever experienced. Be forewarned!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank sundoman
Budgetinncorning, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn Corning, responded to this review, 15 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to apologize for any issues. you may have experienced during your stay, we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team to help solve as many issue that come up as possible. please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I booked a room here for a week with my wife and two sons. This was the last stop of a two week trip and probably the 8th or so hotel we stayed in during our travels. It was the absolute worst of all of them...by a good margin.

I didn't think hotels could be this old and worn. I mean you name it, worn carpet, uneven flooring, 30 year old furniture. And the laundry room, ha! A lone washer and dryer in an absolutely filthy room. If you drop a piece of clothing in there you'll want to throw it away rather than wash it.

Long story short regarding the management, they are clearly trying to charge me for time I didn't spend there (I checked out after three days) because it was too nasty. My reservation had no stipulation for penalties for early checkout and the guy at the front desk said we were fine to check out. So now I have to dispute through my credit card company...great!

Pay a little extra and stay some place decent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank nyrkik
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I reserved a nonsmoking room with a king sized bed. When I arrived to check in, I was told by the clerk he couldn't find my reservation. When I produced the print out from my online reservation, he changed his story and said there were only double beds available. When I asked why he had sold my room to someone else he came up with a lame story that it was a holiday weekend and that's not how the reservations work. On a previous stay, we found the bathroom dirty and the rooms needed maintenance. If you have an alternative to the Budget Inn in Corning, take it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hgpd
Tremont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I walked to the office to ask for extra towels and cups, as I got back to my room, as soon as I closed the door, there was a lady with the towels and cups knocking at the door. Loved the wood paneling in the room- the only thing that could have been improved was that the bathroom door swung inward- not giving you very much room to get around.
All in all, I would definately stay here again - the price was reasonable and the coffee in the office was great.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to thank you . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest , we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team helping guests serve better in different ways . please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.
Hillsboro
Reviewed 7 July 2010

If you're looking for good basic accommodations, Corning's Budget Inn is a fine choice. Just south of the city center on the main road out of town, it's easy to find. Our room was clean and tidy and quiet, and its thick wood paneling reminded us of places on the Oregon coast. The linens and small soaps and shampoo packets were plain and perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. To our surprise, we found our quaint room also had wireless access. When we received an emergency call from a child overseas, the manager provided after-breakfast-hours coffee and understanding, and he offered to let us stay as long as we needed. All in all, an unexpectedly nice experience for under $65.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#6 of 7 in Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Budget Inn Corning? Share your experiences!