“Almost totally acceptable”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Southington, Connecticut
“Almost totally acceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

As part of a tour bus group, we got to the hotel and room cards were handed out. We found out that the second floor had no elevator and heavy bags had to be carried up about 20-25 stairs (Some by older folks)
As tour leader, had I known there was this unusual difficulty for part of our group, I would have booked rooms at another hotel.
Rooms were very clean and acceptable and the hot breakfast was very good

Room Tip: Ask for first floor rooms!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Thank you for your kind words about my property. I am glad you found our newly renovated rooms clean and our breakfast enjoyable. I am sorry we do not have an elevator. We do offer porterage service to our tour busses so we can accommodate those who have difficulty with the steps.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
DC Metro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

After reading the reviews I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The location was perfect for me and the room was very nice. I guess the rooms had been recently renovated. The decor was pleasing and new looking. The hotel staff was very helpful. Only a few minor issues: 1) My room was near a side door and that door got slammed shut a lot. Not so much of an issue except in the early morning and late night. 2) In the evenings you could really hear the people upstairs running around. In my opinion that's more of a parenting issue since I only noticed it when the kids were running around. 3) The light in the exercise room kept cutting out and I'd have to get off the machine in order to get it back on (I think it was supposed to be a motion sensor light). Overall though, very happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get something away from the side doors.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

We were driving down to the area to purchase a new van and deciding to spend the weekend in the corning area. Chose the Comfort Inn over the Raddison basically because of price and the free breakfast. I had a babysitter cancel at the last minute for my baby so it was my wife and I and our five kids... I always get nervous that the rooms will be too small for us... I booked two queens with a rollout bed... I was nervous being it didnt have the best review or rankings on tripadvisor, but decided to try it anyway... When we check in I was greatly surprised by the size of the room, even with the rollout bed setup there is plenty of room to move around. The bathroom is a little small but not really a problem. We went swimming and although the pool area looks a lot nicer in the pictures it was still nice and extremely warm (had to of been about 85 degrees), my kids loved it. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was the biggest surprise. There was so much to choose from for a continental breakfast, warm eggs and a meat, yogurt, pastries, cereal (cold and hot), bagels, and a wonderful belgian waffle maker... my kids were all pleased and all ate very well... I really enjoyed the Comfort Inn coffee which was better then dunkin donuts in my opinion.... The room had a DVD player and in the welcome folder said they had movies to borrow... asked about it at the front desk and was greatly surprised to see there selection, probably around 200 movies to choose from, many newer selections... much better then paying 12 bucks for a movie... The staff were all very friendly and it was minutes to the Corning Glass Museum... The only problem if you book is realize there is not an elevator so if you have mobility issues make sure to request a first floor room... All in all my whole family had a great weekend away and were very happy we decided on the Comfort Inn...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank svoos
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

This newly renovated hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The pictures do it no justice and need to be updated. All rooms are spacious, extremely clean and well appointed. The beds & pillows make you feel you are in a 5 star hotel. The front staff is extremely pleasant and go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. The breakfast offers a variety of both hot and cold foods and they keep everything coming out fresh right up to 10AM. Both the town for shopping or eating and the Corning Museum of Glass are just minutes away. This hotel should be your "choice" hotel when traveling into the Corning area

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kal216
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

Very clean, great beds and pillows, breakfast was much more than expected with eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. We got a great price and so did our friends who made a last minuet reservation on a busy weekend. The newly renovated hotel is very quiet, too.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I decided to travel north of PA to look at cars (mine was on its last leg). Left home after work on a Friday, stopped at Green Shingles for dinner, and this Comfort Inn was one of the hotels to show up on my GPS, so our staying here was totally random.

We arrived without a reservation and were given a room on the 2nd floor (no elevator). We would see that construction and remodeling was going on, but it wasn't happening during the hours that we were at the hotel, so it was quiet. The room (comfy king bed) was beautiful, spacious and clean. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Our room was discounted at $79. And the neighborhood seemed charming. Breakfast was well stocked all the while we were there (you didn't have to wait for anything) and, except for the watery scrambled eggs, everything was pretty good.

After my August experience with the C.I. in Mt. Pocono, PA, I didn't think I'd stay at a C.I. ever again. But I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveler511_lr
livingston,nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here l night and found the hotel, which was being renovated outside, very comfortable. The renovated interior rooms are spacious and well-appointed, very clean as well. The breakfast was excellent, offering eggs/bacon/waffles as well as the standard bagels/muffins/cereal/fruit etc. A good value and very close to downtown and the Corning Glass Museum.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!