“Better housekeeping needed”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The newly renovated rooms were beautiful, too bad the housekeeping wasn't better. Rooms and bath were dusty and one one the beds were not changed from previous guest. Front desk was very helpful but they ready need better cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2011
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Hello, thank you for the kind words regarding my hotel. I am glad you appreciated the renovations. I am sorry that the housekeeping was not to standard. It will be discussed with my housekeeping department as we do strive for continuous improvement. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I hope that we can host you once again on your next trip through the Finger Lakes region, I'm sure you will enjoy a better stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Comfort Inn in Corning as part of a driving vacation through the Finger Lakes area. The room was recently renovated and all the furnishings were brand new, as were the bathroom fixtures. There was a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and DVD player. The king size bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast is provided each morning and there was a very good selection of cereal, muffins, eggs, etc. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The only thing missing is an elevator; you may have to lug your suitcase up the stairs to the second floor.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Great location. They have spent $$ to buy new furnishings, but hey have not given TLC to the infrastructure. For example, our door lock had one screw missing and one so loose that the lock was not secure. AC needed attention - had it set to 60 to get comfortable room after a l-o-n-g time. Lobby furniture is faded and thread-bare.
Check-in service was great. Intererested and attentive person. Check-out was the exact opposite.

"Close, but no cigar!"

Room Tip: Worth the price? - Maybe. Pleasing? No.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Hello, thank you for taking your time to post your comments regarding your stay at my hotel. I appreciate all comments whether positive or negative. You will be pleased to know that all of our lobby furniture will be replaced soon. It is one of the final steps in our extensive renovation project. I apologize for those issues that caused you concern and will certainly look into resolving them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I do hope that you will do so again on your next trip through our area.

Reviewed 11 June 2011

As part of a tour bus group, we got to the hotel and room cards were handed out. We found out that the second floor had no elevator and heavy bags had to be carried up about 20-25 stairs (Some by older folks)
As tour leader, had I known there was this unusual difficulty for part of our group, I would have booked rooms at another hotel.
Rooms were very clean and acceptable and the hot breakfast was very good

Room Tip: Ask for first floor rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you for your kind words about my property. I am glad you found our newly renovated rooms clean and our breakfast enjoyable. I am sorry we do not have an elevator. We do offer porterage service to our tour busses so we can accommodate those who have difficulty with the steps.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

After reading the reviews I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The location was perfect for me and the room was very nice. I guess the rooms had been recently renovated. The decor was pleasing and new looking. The hotel staff was very helpful. Only a few minor issues: 1) My room was near a side door and that door got slammed shut a lot. Not so much of an issue except in the early morning and late night. 2) In the evenings you could really hear the people upstairs running around. In my opinion that's more of a parenting issue since I only noticed it when the kids were running around. 3) The light in the exercise room kept cutting out and I'd have to get off the machine in order to get it back on (I think it was supposed to be a motion sensor light). Overall though, very happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get something away from the side doors.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We were driving down to the area to purchase a new van and deciding to spend the weekend in the corning area. Chose the Comfort Inn over the Raddison basically because of price and the free breakfast. I had a babysitter cancel at the last minute for my baby so it was my wife and I and our five kids... I always get nervous that the rooms will be too small for us... I booked two queens with a rollout bed... I was nervous being it didnt have the best review or rankings on tripadvisor, but decided to try it anyway... When we check in I was greatly surprised by the size of the room, even with the rollout bed setup there is plenty of room to move around. The bathroom is a little small but not really a problem. We went swimming and although the pool area looks a lot nicer in the pictures it was still nice and extremely warm (had to of been about 85 degrees), my kids loved it. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was the biggest surprise. There was so much to choose from for a continental breakfast, warm eggs and a meat, yogurt, pastries, cereal (cold and hot), bagels, and a wonderful belgian waffle maker... my kids were all pleased and all ate very well... I really enjoyed the Comfort Inn coffee which was better then dunkin donuts in my opinion.... The room had a DVD player and in the welcome folder said they had movies to borrow... asked about it at the front desk and was greatly surprised to see there selection, probably around 200 movies to choose from, many newer selections... much better then paying 12 bucks for a movie... The staff were all very friendly and it was minutes to the Corning Glass Museum... The only problem if you book is realize there is not an elevator so if you have mobility issues make sure to request a first floor room... All in all my whole family had a great weekend away and were very happy we decided on the Comfort Inn...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank svoos
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This newly renovated hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The pictures do it no justice and need to be updated. All rooms are spacious, extremely clean and well appointed. The beds & pillows make you feel you are in a 5 star hotel. The front staff is extremely pleasant and go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. The breakfast offers a variety of both hot and cold foods and they keep everything coming out fresh right up to 10AM. Both the town for shopping or eating and the Corning Museum of Glass are just minutes away. This hotel should be your "choice" hotel when traveling into the Corning area

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kal216
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!