“Clean and Comfortable. They can accommodate a few large vehicles.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Sarasota, Florida
“Clean and Comfortable. They can accommodate a few large vehicles.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300+nights yearly, so I appreciate the hard work they did at this hotel to make my stay an awsome one. The building and grounds are well maintained, the interior is clean and the hallway is clean and fresh. Sue checked me in quickly and I found my room to be clean and comfortable. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for posting your comments. I always enjoy reading reviews by seasoned travelers such as yourself. I will be sure to let Sue know you mentioned her name. Like all of us, she is very dedicated to providing our guests a great experience. Thanks again.

Comfort Inn Corning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Very friendly staff and helpful! The pool was closed due to renovations. Not good! The beds were comfortable, nice lobby, some better breakfast choices. The blanket had hairs on it. I definitely was creeped out.

Room Tip: Ask or look at bed linens.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues with the bedding and the pool. While not our finest moment, I was glad to read that you found my staff very friendly and helpful. I hope you give us another opportunity on your next trip through our area. I am sure you will have a much better experience. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments.

Troy, o
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had stayed at the Comfort Inn once before and was very happy with the quality and cleanliness of the motel so when we traveled to Corning again, I made a reservation for three nights. I stayed one and then left. The bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned and the room had a very strong musty odor. When I showed the employee the bathroom, he addressed the problem immediately. I thought that turning on the air conditioner would solve the odor problem and four hous later it was still bad. An employee ultimately opened a window and placed a fan in front of it. The fan ran all night and dissipated the odor enough for us to sleep. The employees did try to rectify the situation and I appreciated their efforts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I was glad to read that the staff tried all they could to rectify the situation. They do care about taking care of our guests as you experienced on your previous stay. I do hope that you give us another chance on your next trip through our area. I am sure you will not be dissapointed again.

Thomas Magnusen
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Spent three nights here while visiting Cornell and doing some sightseeing. The absolute most comfortable beds I've enjoyed at a hotel. Would have liked to take it home! Very clean. Front-desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast selections were varied and good. Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review of your stay with us. I am happy your had a great stay. Our pillowtop mattresses are always a big hit with our guests (others have also offered to "take them home" for us!). I am also appreciative of your comments regarding the staff and breakfast. We hope to see you again on a future visit to our area. Thanks again.

South Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The folks at the Comfort Inn in Corning made a real effort to make my stay pleasant. Check-in was easy, I got the top floor room I requested on the reservation. They had candy and cookies at the desk and pointed to coffee waiting in the lobby. The desk clerk told me about a great attraction, The Gorge, in Watkins Glen. They offered without my asking for me to bring my bicycles in. I left them on the car, locked, and they were okay. It's a little way off the interstate but wasn't bad traffic.

It's fun to stay in a place where they act as if they are really glad you came by.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I appreciate the kind words concerning your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our cookies and candy and that our staff took good care of you. We have a great staff that really enjoys taking care of our guests. I hope you enjoyed the Gorge in Watkins Glen. It is truly a marvel to behold.

Comfort Inn Cornng
Beamsville, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013 for 3 nights. We wanted a fully non smoking hotel with a pool, as a result we did not have many to choose from. Therefore we consider ourselves very lucky that the Comfort Inn worked out so well for us. The ladies at the front desk were so nice, helpful and welcoming. The room was very clean, we did not hesitate to allow our baby to crawl around the room (and believe me if there was something to be found, she would have found it). The breakfast was okay, it was disappointing that they only 1 highchair (thankfully we have a portable highchair). The pool and the surrounding deck was clean, the towels were a little small, but they always had a large pile of clean folded towels by the pool. We were happily surprised when we found out that we were able to borrow dvd's from the front desk to watch in our room. To top it off the inn is located nicely to walk to the museum and downtown. The whole visit was very pleasant and we would not hesitate to recommend the Comfort Inn to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Greetings! I am so glad everything worked out well for you on your stay here in Corning. My team will really appreciate your comments as they are very dedicated to making every guests' stay a great one. I also hope you enjoyed the Museum of Glass. Next time, try the Rockwell Museum of Western Art or one of the many wineries that encircle the nearby Finger Lakes.

Courtland, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The employees very helpful. Lobby looks nice and clean. They let us check in early which was very nice. Since our room wasn't ready let us have an upgrade if we didn't mind being on the second floor. Lol. It wasn't an up grade since this is the type of room I made my reservation for. However it was nice to be able to get into a room early They directed us to the back entrance which our room was right at the top OMG. The stairs were filthy cigarette butts all over place. On the widow seal people has put them out bird dropping. The emergency light, one was hanging by a wire dangling. The railing which I do need to climb the steps had food or something behind them ugh. They offer a breakfast. The room in general is very nice But the paper work such as the tv channel guide is not updated.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Hello and thank you for taking time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize for the issues you point out. They have been addressed and will not occur again as they do not meet the standard for this hotel. I am thankful you spoke up so that we may use this situation to ensure all our guests receive the best possible hospitality.

Comfort Inn Corning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!