“Overpriced with friendly staff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Never underestimate the importance of an elevator, because this hotel doesn't have one and you will be making multiple trips to the car because you can't simply roll your heavy luggage everywhere..very frustrating. The hotel staff though is fabulous.. the breakfast is average..thought the price was ridiculous at $140/night, but didn't have a choice as that is where the team was staying.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry we do not currently have an elevator at this property. We are in the process of evaluating the possibility of adding one so stay tuned. I will be more than happy to pass on your comment to the staff that they are "fabulous". It will mean a tremendous amount to them as they work very hard to provide an exceptional stay for our guests. Thank you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here one night after visiting the Corning Museum of Glass. The room was fresh and clean and the staff were pleasant. Walked to a local BBQ restaurant (just so-so) and had an ice cream cone (it was the first warm day of the year) at a nearby stand. A decent breakfast and a big parking lot all added up to a decent stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in Corning. Thank you for the compliment on the pleasantness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. My team will be happy to hear your comments. I hope you enjoyed the Museum of Glass. It is truly a wonderful facility that we are lucky to have in our backyard! Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We arrived early, but that was no problem for the hotel. We also checked out late, also not a problem for the very accommodating staff. The beds were comfy and the room very clean. We will stay there again and tell our glass loving friends to stay there also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the snacks but I hope it didn't ruin your appetite before dinner! I appreciate the comments regarding the accommodating staff and the clean, comfortable rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I chose this hotel because of the combination of price, location and amenities it provided in connection with a visit to the Corning Glass Museum. We were not disappointed. The welcome was very friendly, the room spotless and the parking convenient. Evening snacks were a nice touch. The pool was in operation but we did not use it though other guests did. All in all it represented good value for money.

A few constructive comments can be made. For older people with several bags in hand an elevator would have been useful. Noise transmission between our room and adjacent a one was higher than I anticipated. The carpet in the stairwell from the second floor to the lobby needed either a good cleaning or replacement. The cold items on offer for breakfast were very acceptable. I'm afraid, though, that the hot items were not appetizing. Far too greasy.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank denbury
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you felt welcome and found the room to be spotless. We were also happy to read your comments about our evening snack as it is fairly new and feedback for it is just starting to come in. In regards to your other concerns, we are currently looking into the possibility of adding an elevator. I will also discuss your concerns with the breakfast with my breakfast staff to see what we can improve upon. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn hotel. The hotel is conveniently located to all the attractions in Corning, New York. I appreciated its easy access to and from the street.

Upon our arrival, the desk clerk pulled out a map and showed us how to get to our attractions from the hotel. The staff was very friendly and dedicated to making our stay enjoyable.

The staff were attentive to our needs. One evening, the desk clerk saw me reading the furnished USA Today paper in the dining area while enjoying a cup of tea, and she came over to ask if I needed additional lighting.

Also, the afternoon snacks were a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and spacious with all the amenities. The free continental breakfast offers hot dishes along with fresh fruits.

In addition, the manager found time to come out and to talk to guests and listen to their thoughts.

My family and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

On behalf of my entire team, thank you for staying with us on your visit to Corning - Named by Rand McNally as The Most Fun Small Town in America. I am so glad you had a great stay with us and wanted to let you know that your comments have been posted for my entire team to see. They take great pride in providing an exceptional stay for our guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you on a return visit!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Big snowstorm. I got up ready to have to clean off my car and found the hotel had cleaned it off for me. Unbelievable !!!!!!!!
The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The snacks at night and the breakfast brought everyone to the dining area to share conversation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank E T
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to weather the storm with us. We are hopeful that we don't have many more of those! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I was pleased to read your comments about our snacks as we have only recently expanded our selections beyond cookies and popcorn to the veggies, cheese, chips and desert bites. I am also glad we were able to get the snow cleaned off your car before you had to leave. Thank you again for staying with us and for posting your review.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I enjoy visiting the Finger Lakes area of New York state each winter to attend a wine and chocolate weekend on Seneca Lake. We have stayed at this Comfort Inn on several occasions. We like it's convenient location as well as the amenities provided by the hotel. Our king room had a king size bed with pillow top mattress, a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, DVD player, and plenty of outlets to plug in all our electronics. We also had a small couch and chair, desk area with chair, and a make-up area with mirror and chair. The room was very clean and there were adequate towels in the bathroom as well as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, Q-tips and cotton balls. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Breakfast is provided every morning with eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. There is enough variety for everyone to find something. An indoor pool is available for guest as is a small fitness room. There are even snacks available in the evening. This is definitely the nicest Comfort Inn that we have stayed in and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilovemycats
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for such a complete review! You hit upon all the highlights except the exceptionally handsome General Manager. Just kidding! All of us thank you for your endorsement as the nicest Comfort Inn you have stayed in. It is the highest compliment and so appreciated by my hardworking team. Thank you again and see you on your next visit!

Comfort Inn Corning

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
1 mi away
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!