“For $70 less than other area hotels this one is a yes!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
“For $70 less than other area hotels this one is a yes!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I was skeptical about booking here- i had stayed in Corning before at a much pricier hotel- for a mid-week stay all of the area hotels were expensive! but more expensive doesn't always mean better! This place has recently been renovated so the room was great- there are afternoon snacks which were wonderful and we even got a treat bag at check in! The pool is small but it was warm and the kids still had fun - walking distance to area attractions, and the breakfast bar was good. We will definitely book here on our next trip to Corning.

• Stayed August 2014
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a try despite your skepticism. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the pool and the afternoon snacks. These are both real popular with the kids! I am also glad that you enjoyed the room and the location convenient to the local attractions such as the Corning Museum of Glass. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your review!

607.962.1515

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We almost always stay at Comfort Inns when we travel by car.
This is without a doubt one of the best.
We have stayed there 4 different times.
Rooms are large and well appointed.
They have snacks out in the afternoon-cheese, crackers, salsa and chips.

Susan who mans the desk is amazing. Always very helpful.
You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elleryblue
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to the Comfort Inn brand. I do hope you are a member of Choice Privileges. Thank you for posting your recent review. We are humbled to be considered one of the best. Thank you for the compliment about Sue. I consider myself very lucky to have her. I am also glad to read your comments about our afternoon snacks. They are a hit and have generated a great number of responses. Thank you again and see you on your next trip through our area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am staying here every time when I come to Corning Inc for business. This hotel has great price/quality ratio. It is newly renovated, staff is very polite and friendly. Breakfast is a little small, but still great, flavored waffles are amazing. Coffee is really good too. The rooms are spacious and clean.
They introduced afternoon snacks recently too, so I have an opportunity to relax with cookies and a cup of tea in their cozy lobby after work.
The location is pretty good, I can even walk to downtown Corning when the weather is ok, it's a 10-15min walk. Free wifi is greatly appreciated too.

In addition I would like to thank this hotel General Manager. He is always responsive and ready to address any minor issues that may happen in any place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We would like to thank you for continuing to stay with us and for posting a review of your recent visit. The snacks you mentioned are a recent addition and have proven to be very popular. I am glad you took the opportunity to enjoy them. Next time, try them out on our new patio! You can even pick up the wifi out there. I am glad you enjoy the breakfast and found my staff to be very polite and friendly. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

Corning
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The workers were wonderful, they try very hard to make your stay pleasant with extra snacks, complimentary movie rentals, and their knowledge of the area.
The downside is most of the doors leading outside don't close all the way, our room and the hallways smell like wet old cigarettes, and they've been out of shampoo for three days.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tkurrah
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at our property. I would like to apologize for the situations you mention in your review. We have resolved the issue with the soap as well as the situation with the odor. Rest assured we are working diligently to assess the best possible solution to the door issue. Please contact me directly at the number below if you would like to discuss this further.
I am glad that you have enjoyed the other features of the hotel such as our "wonderful" staff and our room amenities. I know that you will have a top notch experience on your next visit to the Corning area. Thank you again.

(607) 962-1515
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for 1 night on 9th June 2014. Actually we were travelling with a group from India and had complete Hotel Booking and sightseeing arrangement by the Group Tour Operator. So first of one the Hotel was not chosen by me.
But still, our stay at the Hotel was very comfortable. The room was clean & specious in size.
Actually, the location of hotel is very near to town.
The breakfast was little smaller compared to guests (may be it was due to our group presence)
All in all the total experience was fairly ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay in our hotel. I am glad we were able to make your stay comfortable. I hope your group had a great time visiting Corning and that you made many good memories here. Thank you again.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here. It is your standard Comfort Inn - looks like it was renovated lately. Beds are comfortable, everything is clean, personnel are happy & helpful. When we checked in, they were baking cookies...NICE comforting smell :). We haven't had the breakfast yet, but the menu looks good. We will stay here again & recommend to others coming to this area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wyde1340
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your review. We are glad you found the room to be clean and the bed comfortable. We do get a great deal of compliments on our mattresses! I hope you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, except the bed was too high. I am short and mobility impaired. I had to hop onto the edge of the bed, then roll to get my body into it. Once in the bed, it was very comfortable. Although the hotel is used by contractors working on various construction projects, it was quiet. The breakfast buffet was so-so, nothing special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMNY089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello and thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that your room was clean and comfortable. I do apologize that the height of the beds was an issue for you. On your next visit, please stop at the desk and ask for a step stool. We do keep a supply on hand. Thank you again and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service on your next visit to our area.

Comfort Inn Corning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!