“Comfortable and pleasant”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I decided to travel north of PA to look at cars (mine was on its last leg). Left home after work on a Friday, stopped at Green Shingles for dinner, and this Comfort Inn was one of the hotels to show up on my GPS, so our staying here was totally random.

We arrived without a reservation and were given a room on the 2nd floor (no elevator). We would see that construction and remodeling was going on, but it wasn't happening during the hours that we were at the hotel, so it was quiet. The room (comfy king bed) was beautiful, spacious and clean. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Our room was discounted at $79. And the neighborhood seemed charming. Breakfast was well stocked all the while we were there (you didn't have to wait for anything) and, except for the watery scrambled eggs, everything was pretty good.

After my August experience with the C.I. in Mt. Pocono, PA, I didn't think I'd stay at a C.I. ever again. But I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveler511_lr

Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here l night and found the hotel, which was being renovated outside, very comfortable. The renovated interior rooms are spacious and well-appointed, very clean as well. The breakfast was excellent, offering eggs/bacon/waffles as well as the standard bagels/muffins/cereal/fruit etc. A good value and very close to downtown and the Corning Glass Museum.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Booked room in January, 1 King bed, smoking room w/ whirlpool-In bath ($159.95 A NIGHT). I recieved a confirmation #. Upon arrival at hotel, I was informed that the hotel had changed to non smoking. At that time we were told that the hotel was undergoing renovations. To get to the room we had to go out and around the corner to another entrance. When we opened the door all you could hear was loud blasting music and power tools. Construction crews were working all down the corridor, tools every where, construction garbage every where. The public should have never been allowed there for saftey reasons. After seeing that there was no way would stay there. This was a stop on our honeymoon which was just ruined. Stranded in Corning with no where to stay, we ended up finding a place in Elmira, late at night. No rooms where available in Corning. This reservation was made in January, the hotel should have contacted me and informed me that they had changed to non smoking and that they were undergoing renovations. If informed we could have stayed in Niagra Falls, Canada longer. The hotel should have never booked rooms in a construction area. Aparently they don't care about the customers comfort. I will never stay at a Choice Hotel again and I will inform everyone I know of about our expierence and tell them not to stay at a Choice Hotel. I will never go to Corning again. Thanks for ruining our Honeymoon

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

i recieved bed bug bites on my arms and legs, no elevator, no phone cord, bed way high up, 1 chair in the room. manager refunded 2 nights stay for compensation. will never stay there again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
GM089, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

A refund was given per the guest request. However, no bugs were found in the room. All of our guestrooms have been renovated including the replacement of the carpet, wall vinyl, window treatments, furniture, mattresses and so on.

Reviewed 8 September 2009

We like this place. Nothing special about it, but it was clean and convenient. Good staff, nicely appointed, excellent internet service (uses a LAN cable, provided). We stayed a night, came back about 4 days later for another night. A good place to stay in the Corning area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Thank you for your kind words. If you liked us then, you should see us now. We are in the final stages of a total renovation that is stunning.

Reviewed 23 August 2009

I travel quite a bit for work. Comfort Inns are in the top 3 of hotels I prefer to stay. This one IS NOT ! In the dim light from the TV, at about 11:30 PM, I notice a bug crawling across the edge of the folded down sheet. After killing it I decide to check for others. I pull the sheet and blankets all the way off the bed and find about 6 more, then I check under the mattress pad and find more along the edge of the mattress. The empty bed next to me produced even more of these unwelcomed guests. After collecting a few of these bedbugs, I packed my things(minus any bugs) and showed them to the person at the front desk, who offered me a cot to sleep on...IN THE SAME ROOM!!!! By the way, it was room 229. Three days later, I'm still finding more bites showing up. Looks and feels like poison ivy.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank papakitts

Thank you for your comments. You will be happy to know that our rooms have been completely renovated included replacing all our mattresses!

Reviewed 13 August 2009

My daughter and I stayed recently for 3 nights in Comfort Inn, Corning, NY
and we had booked a non smoker room on the first floor. In order to get to our room you had to go through the hallway of both smoking and non smoking, which stank of cigarette smoke.
I think this problem has been addressed by other hotels by putting smokers on another floor. This really upset me everytime I walked back to our room, it really had an affect on my memory of our trip

• Stayed: August 2009
3  Thank UKNonna

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I am pleased to announce that with our complete renovation, we have become a smoke free facility!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
1 mi away
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!