Comfort Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Corning Inn(Painted Post)
Econo Lodge(Painted Post)
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatorwafflessecond floorcookiesdvd playerroom was cleancorning museum of glasscrackerschoice hotelschoice memberpepperonirefrigerator and microwavelemon waterheated indoor pooldesk clerkchips and salsabacon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Very clean, great beds and pillows, breakfast was much more than expected with eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. We got a great price and so did our friends who made a last minuet reservation on a busy weekend. The newly renovated hotel is very quiet, too.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I decided to travel north of PA to look at cars (mine was on its last leg). Left home after work on a Friday, stopped at Green Shingles for dinner, and this Comfort Inn was one of the hotels to show up on my GPS, so our staying here was totally random.

We arrived without a reservation and were given a room on the 2nd floor (no elevator). We would see that construction and remodeling was going on, but it wasn't happening during the hours that we were at the hotel, so it was quiet. The room (comfy king bed) was beautiful, spacious and clean. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Our room was discounted at $79. And the neighborhood seemed charming. Breakfast was well stocked all the while we were there (you didn't have to wait for anything) and, except for the watery scrambled eggs, everything was pretty good.

After my August experience with the C.I. in Mt. Pocono, PA, I didn't think I'd stay at a C.I. ever again. But I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveler511_lr
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here l night and found the hotel, which was being renovated outside, very comfortable. The renovated interior rooms are spacious and well-appointed, very clean as well. The breakfast was excellent, offering eggs/bacon/waffles as well as the standard bagels/muffins/cereal/fruit etc. A good value and very close to downtown and the Corning Glass Museum.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Booked room in January, 1 King bed, smoking room w/ whirlpool-In bath ($159.95 A NIGHT). I recieved a confirmation #. Upon arrival at hotel, I was informed that the hotel had changed to non smoking. At that time we were told that the hotel was undergoing renovations. To get to the room we had to go out and around the corner to another entrance. When we opened the door all you could hear was loud blasting music and power tools. Construction crews were working all down the corridor, tools every where, construction garbage every where. The public should have never been allowed there for saftey reasons. After seeing that there was no way would stay there. This was a stop on our honeymoon which was just ruined. Stranded in Corning with no where to stay, we ended up finding a place in Elmira, late at night. No rooms where available in Corning. This reservation was made in January, the hotel should have contacted me and informed me that they had changed to non smoking and that they were undergoing renovations. If informed we could have stayed in Niagra Falls, Canada longer. The hotel should have never booked rooms in a construction area. Aparently they don't care about the customers comfort. I will never stay at a Choice Hotel again and I will inform everyone I know of about our expierence and tell them not to stay at a Choice Hotel. I will never go to Corning again. Thanks for ruining our Honeymoon

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

i recieved bed bug bites on my arms and legs, no elevator, no phone cord, bed way high up, 1 chair in the room. manager refunded 2 nights stay for compensation. will never stay there again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
GM089, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

A refund was given per the guest request. However, no bugs were found in the room. All of our guestrooms have been renovated including the replacement of the carpet, wall vinyl, window treatments, furniture, mattresses and so on.