“Exceeded expectations”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, PA
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Radisson Corning is in a great location to enjoy all that Corning has to offer....the Museum of Glass, of course, but also a 6 or so block of a lovely downtown with coffeeshops, clothing & jewelry stores, restaurants, a yarn shop, and glass galleries. You can tell that the locals come downtown as well. There is a Snap Fitness, liquor store, and various businesses that make it a real, working downtown and not just a pretty facade.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Amherst, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I checked in for a little weekend away before our baby is born. We found convenient parking, a gorgeous lobby, and an incredibly quick and easy check in on arrival. The room was attractive and clean. It was nice, quiet and dark, with comfortable sleep number beds and quality linens - the pillows felt like feather, the top comforter was cozy and warm, and the sheets were very soft. Quite often in hotels the linens are terrible, scratchy, and always make you too hot or too cold, so I was pleased.

We ordered room service for breakfast, which was served promptly, and was delicious. My one complaint about our stay was that there were little white flecks in the coffee they brought up - but my husband drank it anyway and said it tasted good. He was unharmed. We didn't complain. The toiletries provided in the shower were of quality and the bathroom/shower was roomy and comfortable.

The location is within walking distance of Market Street, but we didn't walk as it was freezing cold, wet and windy all day. It was a few minutes' drive to the Corning Museum as well.
The pool was clean and heated, we went swimming even after spending the whole day in the freezing rain. Didn't use the hot tub because of pregnancy, but again, my husband went in and said it was quite nice - even outside in the weather. We also had dinner downstairs at the 125 Grill, and it was fabulous, although pricey - to be fair, he had a swordfish steak and I had filet mignon, so the price was not too unreasonable considering.

Checkout was a breeze, and right afterward, when I locked my keys in the car, the staff were very helpful and understanding. I would absolutely stay here again or recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We got a room with two double beds and it was nice because we could each adjust to our own "sle...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hudson, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We've been coming here for years, and it never disappoints. You can really relax in their immaculate, comfortable rooms, and the location can't be beat. There are cheaper places to stay, but with this Radisson you definitely get what you pay for.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed for just 1 night at this hotel but if we visit the Finger Lakes area again we would definitely stay longer. We had a renovated King room on the 3rd floor of the main building. It was very spacious and clean with a relaxing contemporary decor. The Sleep Number bed was wonderful (we have this at home so we both appreciated that). There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathrooms are relatively small given the total size of the room but well appointed with plenty of counter space on the sink. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant but we did have after-dinner drinks at the bar. The bartenders were very cordial and the bar had a nice atmosphere with a large flat screen TV for the football/baseball games. The hotel is perfectly located at one end of the Gaffer District. We were able to leave the car in the parking lot for our entire stay. The Corning Museum of Glass, the Museum of Western Art, and many shops, restaurants and pubs along Market St. are within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room in the main building
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My family and I have been visiting the Corning Radisson for years and always enjoyed our stay but this experience was in stark contrast to our previous visits. I am retired from the USMC and United States Army and have always appreciated the Radisson's " United States Government Hospitality Program" (http://www.radisson.com/government).

I had reserved rooms at the government rate and in accordance with the current Radisson policy displayed on their website. I presented my ID card at check-in and was rudely informed that "the policy had changed but they would "let us in...this time." One of the front desk clerks then mentioned something about "people out there trying to impersonate the military" and I was compelled to remind them that I was presenting a valid government ID card. When my wife informed the front desk clerk that we had already reserved rooms for Christmas months ago at the government rate, the clerk had to again make the point that this was against policy but he would "annotate this in our record" for Christmas. After being reminded one last time that "we could not do this again", we left the front desk feeling like criminals.

This was to be a special occasion but the events immediately following our arrival definitely tainted our stay. In all honesty, I was most upset not for myself but at the thought of thousands of young men and women who have proudly served during the last 10 years, returning home with a myriad of severe physical and mental ailments, trying to save a few dollars at a hotel only to be treated like second class citizens. Surely, we can do better than this.

Room Tip: The rooms were fine although my "sleep number" bed had no control device making it impossi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank NSDQ2011
Seabrook, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Cannot say much more than if you haven't stayed at the Radisson, you should. The service, staff, and rooms are awesome! Great location and nice views. The only thing I missed was the refridgerator in my room!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed 2 nights for a friend's wedding. The hotel is ideally located on a pleasant, downtown street of this small city. Staff are very agreeable and helpful. Rooms are clean, typical hotel rooms. Restaurant worked well for friends who gathered from out of town to visit. Lobby worked well for us to gather and visit.
We had also spent a night there in the winter of 2010, with a similarly positive experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolgerry1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
No photo provided
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!