“Very Happy!”

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel while we attended a Thanksgiving festival near by. The room was clean and the bed, which was a high end adjustable type, was wonderful! We somehow (I'm a sucker) adopted" a puppy one day during our visit. I was extremely nervous that the hotel would freak out when I brought the puppy in and was ready to pack up and go home early if need be but, to my surprise, they were awesome! I don't know if they allow pets or not but, they were very kind to us and our new family member. That meant a lot to us. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I traveled to this area for a mini vacation to the Seneca Lake wine trail, This hotel is about 20 minmutes from Watkins Glen and about 25 minutes from the closeest winery. We found the check-in to be quick and painless. The room was a renovated king. It reminded my of a 60's retro look, it was nice and the room was spacious. The bed was a select comfort and had comfortabe sheets. The hotel was right next to the "gaffer district" which is Corning's beautiful downtown area with shops and places to eat. Even though when we were there the nights were cold we still walked from the hotel to the gaffer district and found great places to eat.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We were in town one night so we could visit the Corning Museum of Glass. We were very pleased with our stay in the hotel. It was easy to get to, and the staff was very friendly when we checked in. It was also neat to see the various displays of glass in the lobby.

The sleep number beds take some getting used to. The front desk staff explained how we should use them when we checked in, but we unfortunately didn't listen very intently. However, we realized we should have once we got to our room, since the bed was rock hard. Apparently, previous guests had also had problems with the bed. However, after reading two sets of instructions in the room, I finally figured out how to lower the setting from the 85 it was on to the 35 that the handouts said were generally preferred. The key to getting the control to work is to be lying on the bed, push the buttons hard, and be patient!

The hotel is wonderfully located for an easy walk to the gaffer district. My wife enjoyed hitting a few of the glass shops, but we were surprised to see so many places closed. It goes to show that the recession has hit many places like this very hard.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Radisson Corning is in a great location to enjoy all that Corning has to offer....the Museum of Glass, of course, but also a 6 or so block of a lovely downtown with coffeeshops, clothing & jewelry stores, restaurants, a yarn shop, and glass galleries. You can tell that the locals come downtown as well. There is a Snap Fitness, liquor store, and various businesses that make it a real, working downtown and not just a pretty facade.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I checked in for a little weekend away before our baby is born. We found convenient parking, a gorgeous lobby, and an incredibly quick and easy check in on arrival. The room was attractive and clean. It was nice, quiet and dark, with comfortable sleep number beds and quality linens - the pillows felt like feather, the top comforter was cozy and warm, and the sheets were very soft. Quite often in hotels the linens are terrible, scratchy, and always make you too hot or too cold, so I was pleased.

We ordered room service for breakfast, which was served promptly, and was delicious. My one complaint about our stay was that there were little white flecks in the coffee they brought up - but my husband drank it anyway and said it tasted good. He was unharmed. We didn't complain. The toiletries provided in the shower were of quality and the bathroom/shower was roomy and comfortable.

The location is within walking distance of Market Street, but we didn't walk as it was freezing cold, wet and windy all day. It was a few minutes' drive to the Corning Museum as well.
The pool was clean and heated, we went swimming even after spending the whole day in the freezing rain. Didn't use the hot tub because of pregnancy, but again, my husband went in and said it was quite nice - even outside in the weather. We also had dinner downstairs at the 125 Grill, and it was fabulous, although pricey - to be fair, he had a swordfish steak and I had filet mignon, so the price was not too unreasonable considering.

Checkout was a breeze, and right afterward, when I locked my keys in the car, the staff were very helpful and understanding. I would absolutely stay here again or recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We got a room with two double beds and it was nice because we could each adjust to our own "sle...
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We've been coming here for years, and it never disappoints. You can really relax in their immaculate, comfortable rooms, and the location can't be beat. There are cheaper places to stay, but with this Radisson you definitely get what you pay for.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed for just 1 night at this hotel but if we visit the Finger Lakes area again we would definitely stay longer. We had a renovated King room on the 3rd floor of the main building. It was very spacious and clean with a relaxing contemporary decor. The Sleep Number bed was wonderful (we have this at home so we both appreciated that). There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathrooms are relatively small given the total size of the room but well appointed with plenty of counter space on the sink. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant but we did have after-dinner drinks at the bar. The bartenders were very cordial and the bar had a nice atmosphere with a large flat screen TV for the football/baseball games. The hotel is perfectly located at one end of the Gaffer District. We were able to leave the car in the parking lot for our entire stay. The Corning Museum of Glass, the Museum of Western Art, and many shops, restaurants and pubs along Market St. are within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room in the main building
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!