Radisson Hotel Corning
US$71
US$64
EconoLodge
1,188 results
All reviewssleep numbermarket streetmain buildinggaffer districtthe wait staffshops and restaurantsrockwell museumthe grillthe location is perfectwithin walking distancevery nice hotelglass museumhot tubroom was clean and comfortableking bedan easy walkindoor pool
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This was a "last minute" booking due to a reservation error in Niagara Falls. We had wished to visit Corning for some time and this was the opportunity. The property is easy to find on Denison Parkway. There was a wedding reception going on when we arrived, so parking was at a premium in front, but there was plenty in the municipal lot in back. Check-in was virtually effortless and the desk staff was very friendly and efficient. The property is well maintained and very clean. Our king non-smoking room was roomy and comfortable. The Sleep-Number bed was a bit of a disappointment though. My wife and I just couldn't get to a comfortable setting. The control pad worked, but the display didn't so we had no idea what number we were set to. We walked into town, just a block away, and spent the evening strolling in and out of the stores. It was nice to leave the car parked for a change. Would I stay here again? Without hesitation.

Room Tip: Make sure the sleep-number bed controller functions correctly.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This is a lovely hotel. I really didn't expect to be "wowed", but I was. The facility, from the public areas to our room, was immaculate. The front desk staff was great. We ate breakfast here twice, and the food was exceptional - fresh, well cooked, ample and reasonably priced. The bread they use for toast is fantastic! Our servers on both days were excellent, but the woman who served us yesterday did above and beyond. The bar was very busy from Saturday afternoon through the evening. My only caveat is that we requested and received a "newly renovated room" which was lovely. Our friends joined us for our second night there and although they requested the same, because their decision to join us was a last-minute one, stayed in the other section of the hotel (there are two separate buildings). I didn't see their room, but they said it was fine but not nearly as nice as ours and described it as worn and didn't appear to be as clean and fresh as ours. Main Street and all it's shops and restaurants are just outside the door of this hotel, and it's an easy walk (on a nice day) to the Corning Glass Museum.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Having avoided Radisson properties for the past several years due to their tired looks and sometimes less than clean conditions we stayed here out of necessity and were surprised at how nice this hotel was. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The bar was nice, the wait staff friendly, but the pours were very precise (exactly one ounce) making a drink here expensive.

There are some very nice restaurants nearby and the hotel is very close to the Corning Museum of Glass. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Lovely time of year in Corning and the place to stay is the Raddison. All the rooms are updated and the hotel is warm, inviting, and in walking distance of the downtown area. Staff is really nice and bends over backwards to be friendly and accommodating. Rooms are generous in size. The little bar area is friendly and drinks are interesting. Only caution, it closes on the early side, long before 2am.

Room Tip: ask to be in the main building, much nicer in winter than the outside building behind the main one.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel while we attended a Thanksgiving festival near by. The room was clean and the bed, which was a high end adjustable type, was wonderful! We somehow (I'm a sucker) adopted" a puppy one day during our visit. I was extremely nervous that the hotel would freak out when I brought the puppy in and was ready to pack up and go home early if need be but, to my surprise, they were awesome! I don't know if they allow pets or not but, they were very kind to us and our new family member. That meant a lot to us. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family