“Attractive, clean, quiet and well-situated”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Canada
“Attractive, clean, quiet and well-situated”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booked here for two nights, for its reasonable price point, and proximity to the Rockwell Museum of Western Art (2minute walk), the Corning Museum of Glass, and the Gaffer District/Market St area. Pretty hard to go wrong with a Radisson. Friendly and professional customer service (especially the wait staff at breakfast - more on that in a bit). Hotel is located in a quiet area of "old town" so next to no traffic noise. Lots of free, on site parking. Wegman's handy just across the road, but no traffic or noise issues. Attractive and welcoming lobby, with well-appointed seating areas, plants, with a bar area - very relaxing for a quiet drink before dining.
Room was comfortable, attractive, squeaky clean, with all the amenities (always appreciate a mini fridge for stocking my water and yogurt...ok, and beer...). Pool looked inviting (tho' we did not use the facilities). We did not take dinner here, but breakfast is available (not included in the rates, tho' you can get a free grab-n-go coffee and muffin). Tends towards the pricey, and not a huge selection, but very good and filling. The server was awesome! So friendly and professional, and genuinely pleased to chat with us about recommendations for things to do in the area.
Depending on your budget, families on the go, business travellers, and couples touring around will find this hotel well-suited.

Room Tip: Book away from the atrium and elevator, to reduce noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripperGal
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear TripperGal,

Thank you for the kind feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel! I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of the Hotel amenities as well as Corning's Gaffer District. I can't wait to share your feedback with our team, especially our breakfast servers in the Grill 1-2-5!

Best Regards,

Marissa Brace
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Corning, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Excellent facility in a wonderful small city, Corning, New York. With a very long term staff (many with more than 30 years of tenure), this hotel has an extremely friendly "family type" environment. Rooms are more than comfortable and very clean. The hotel is very proximate to local attractions including the Corning Museum of Glass and Rockwell Museum. Market Street, adjacent to the hotel is a very interesting and stimulating place to visit, as well.

The greatest strength has been and is the people. The team of long term people in the restaurant and bar area are knowledgeable, highly efficient, and, for many in the community, great friends.

This is a quality hotel, based on the people, good and well managed facilities, and in an excellent location for those wanting to "get away".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GoBills2016
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear JGU617,

Thank for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us, especially about our long term team members. We are very fortunate to have such a hardworking team with many years of excellent customer service experience. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Best Regards,

Marissa Brace
Front Office Manager
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for two nights over a weekend and the room was clean and large enough for 2 adults and a toddler. The bed and pillows I found really uncomfortable but my husband loved them so clearly a personal thing there. The bathroom was a little cramped especially when giving my child a bath but there was at least plenty of space on the vanity for all our stuff.

The hotel is well located in Corning and an easy walk to a lot of restaurants so that was a real bonus for us, we like taking evening walks. The breakfast was large and tasty but the service was really slow. Overall it wasn't a bad stay and I would stay again but I wasn't exactly blown away by the place.

Room Tip: I would request one of the newer or upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, good indoor pool and outdoor hot tub, sufficient gym, nice restaurant and lovely lovely lovely staff. Everyone was so happy, attentive and helpful. Patrick went out of his way to make my family and me more comfortable. Great location.

• Stayed December 2013
Phila, PA
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have been staying here a couple times a year for probably 20 years now and for good reason: it is always an excellent experience! The hotel is very well maintained, and staffed by wonderful friendly people who seem so happy to work there that some have been there longer than we've been visiting! If they can anticipate a need (my daughter came back from the apple basket reporting to me that there were no more apples and within minutes an employee who was setting up tables for an event brought us each an apple...simply having overheard a guest with an unmet expectation!). I could fill this review with stories like that. We usually travel with our dog and the Radisson has always been dog friendly. A year or two ago, they changed their pet policy to be less wallet-friendly though ($75 extra per stay...and when you're only there for the night that's steep to let your dog stay in a crate in the room). So, now we usually leave the dog crate (and dog) in the car, weather permitting, but she is still welcome in the lobby and quite spoiled by the staff who are prompt with the affection and dog biscuits. I have so many fond memories of this place and am so impressed with how well they have maintained both the property and their service standards all along. I hope we will say the same after another 20 years of visiting the Radisson Corning!

Room Tip: Rooms in the extension (across an enclosed walkway on the north side of the property) tend to be lar...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rachel-Radisson14830, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your kind words about the Radisson Hotel Corning and your many experiences and memories over the years. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff. We are very proud of the recent renovations, including the guestrooms and the Grill 1-2-5 and Steuben Bar and we are glad you have enjoyed! I appreciate you commenting on the staff and the great service you have received consistently. I agree the staff is incredible and I am very proud of the thoughtful care they give our guests everyday.

I hope to meet you on your next visit to Corning.

Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. The room we lodged in had a sleep number bed, and we have been desiring to invest in one for a while. The hotel staff were very nice people, and the rooms were reasonably comfortable. Even though we did not eat breakfast, it smelled quite tantalizing. We did eat at the night restaurant and everyone in our party spoke highly of it. All in all, I would return there if I was back in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear James,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Radisson Hotel Corning.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to try the sleep number bed!
I appreciate your positive feedback about the staff. I will certainly share it with everyone.

Kirkby-in-Ashfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night on our way from Niagara to New York. The hotel was well situated in the town. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed and the staff were all friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning.

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I will share
your positive accounts with the staff, as they take thoughtful care of our guests everyday!

Radisson Hotel Corning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!