“Great facility and convenient location to Market St!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Corning

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Upstate, NY
“Great facility and convenient location to Market St!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The facility is updated and very conducive to large groups gatherings, such as business Conferences. The staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. The food was very good, especially in light of the fact our group numbered 130+. Only drawbacks were the air conditioner in the room was extremely noisy and the shower curtain rod was placed such that water leaked all over the floor, and then it broke all together.

Room Tip: If you don't need a handicap accessible room, be sure to avoid it...that seemed to be the reason...
Green Features: They weren't really noticeable, except for the note about laundry.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear tobo347,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your dining experience with your conference! As well, I would like to thank you for the feedback regarding your guestroom. I have shared your comments with our Maintenance Supervisor so that our accessible guestrooms can be closely looked at and make any necessary repairs or adjustments.

Radisson Hotel Corning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Helston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

After reading good reviews we thought the hotel would be very good., unfortunately our room was very hot due to the fact that the windows were jammed open. When I tried to close the windows it became obvious that the window frames were loose and twisted and the fly screen runners were also broken. After about 30 minutes I managed to lever the windows back in to position and jam the fly screen in place, a job you wouldn't really expect. Wouldn't recommend this hotel as it's obviously in need of a refurb.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear nick c,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced when the window in your guestroom was jammed and not functioning properly. I can certainly understand how frustrating that must have been and am so sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this experience with me as it is extremely helpful in our efforts of continuous improvement. If you have a moment and are able to share your room number with me I would like to have our Engineering Department look at the window and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Again I am so sorry for the unpleasant experience.

(607)962-5000 x103
marissa.brace@radisson.com
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Radisson is a pretty good chain. This one does what it's supposed to do and that's it. Some offer free upgrades but this one seems to just do what it has to do, nothing more. The staff are friendly and the room was clean. I chose it for it's proximity to Market Street, it's right there at the end. Market street has a lot of nice shops, and restaurants. We even got lucky and saw a live band in the square. Anyway, I'm not crazy about the sleep number beds and that there are really no extra offerings like breakfast. We stayed in the lowest price room, two doublebeds, it was not refurbished. For this was paid $150.00 including tax with a AAA discount.

1 Thank NJgirlonthego
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear NJgirlonthego,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it is extremely helpful in our efforts of continuous improvement!

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is just what you would expect in a small town like Corning. It is clean, the rooms are large, the beds comfortable (they have dial your own comfort mattresses, which I can live without). There is a nice pool and an outdoor hot tub. The people at the desk are gracious and helpful. Breakfast was excellent.

1 Thank PSGumby
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear PSGumby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a nice hotel in a great location in downtown Corning. The place is clearly fairly new and well maintained. My room was a good size, very clean, and certainly met my needs. Free wifi was also nice. The breakfast buffet ($8, give or take) was actually very good and I would recommend this. The bar was also nice and we had drinks here a couple nights of our stay. Location is ideal, with Main Street with all the restaurants and shopping right there. On the down side, the exercise room is small with 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical machine (I think there was also a stationary bike), and this is not nearly enough equipment for this size hotel. One day I got the last treadmill (about 6:15) and the other day all the machines were full. In the end, I did have a good run through the downtown area and across the pedestrian bridge toward the glass museum, but the hotel clearly needs to buy more equipment. Also, my room was in the back building; not an issue at all, but an unusual set-up. In the end, I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Kevin S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! We greatly appreciate the feedback! If you have the opportunity to travel back to the Corning area and are interested in a more extensive workout than our fitness center offers, I encourage you to taking advantage of our partnership with the Corning YMCA. Just show them your room key at their Front Desk and they will get you in with a complimentary day pass!

Stratford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We found the front staff friendly and our room comfortable and clean. The common areas were spacious and never crowded, even with the hotel completely sold out. The bottles of water provided in our room were an appreciated touch. The staff in the dining room were friendly and prompt with our breakfast, which was prepared to our specifications - even my extra crisp bacon!

On the minus side, the elevators were so slow that one had to be prepared to wait. I finally asked where the fire stairs were located so that I could walk up. Another minus were the pillows, which were not up to the standard of the other room appointments. All in all, the minuses did not detract from our visit and I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel on our next trip to Corning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank casmith79
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear casmith79,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to dine in our Grill 1-2-5. As well, thank you for sharing your comments regarding our elevators and the pillows in our guestrooms. We greatly appreciate the feedback as it is extremely helpful in our efforts of continuous improvement. I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to the area!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We visited NY state mainly for the parks - watkins glen state park, buttermilk state park, etc... The hotel is 30+ min away from the closest park. We got a queen size bed room and it was a bit tight in the room. Yes overall great service, clean place, awesome staff, etc.... To me hotel room was waaaay overpriced considering that we didnt spend much time in the room.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear SteLa_83,

Thank you for the kind feedback regarding all of the Hotel staff and your recent stay with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the area! As well, thank you for the feedback regarding our pricing; we will certainly take that into consideration.

Radisson Hotel Corning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!