“Horrible customer service.”
Review of Cadet Motel

Cadet Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The manager wasn't only rude. She only let us stay 2 hours and changed us 55$. When the 2 hours came up and I went to ask her if we can stay the night she grabbed the key out of my hand and called me all these horrible names. She followed me and yelled at me across the parking lot. This place is the worst. I'd rather pay double at a place where I'm treated with respect.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Jessicamcg12
Charles L, Owner at Cadet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

I am the new owner, this issue will not happen anymore. thanks

Reviewed 9 September 2012

The room had a musty smell and was small and dark. The front light did not work, and there was a bucket outside the door collecting drips of water from a leak. There was no refrigerator in the room, and there was no ice machine. Usually a motel has one or the other. There was a fee for all calls, even local calls. There was no phone book. There was only one medium towel and one washcloth for each of us. There was only one small soap sample, one unwrapped plastic cup (even though there were two of us), no shampoo or toiletries, no blow dryer, and no remote for the TV. The shower was a tiny rectangle with no room to move (and I am skinny). Road nosie was loud, like gusts of wind blowing through. The wifi cut in and out, and I lost work.

The person in the office was very nice, although not easy to understand.
There's not much to do in the area, especially at night.
It seemed safe.

The taxes were weird. At $54/night plus 8.25% & 5% taxes, the rate came to $62.50. Obviously they taxed the tax! Never heard of that before!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank LouisePennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed at the motel after shopping at the Woodbury Outlet. It was more reasonable than all the other accommodations around the Outlet. The room was spacious and clean but looked a bit "tired" and needed to have the carpet removed. Inside the room, you find a mirrored bureau with drawers, a closet for your suitcase or hang your clothing, a chair by the door, a night stand with a light, a small two-level "cart"/stand for the TV with the remote control. Wasn't crazy about the locks and bolts on the door or the beds. Wasn't told about the free wifi so I tried to get on Cadet North but without success. It was too weak. Overall it was good enough for an one-night stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My friends and I were going on a shopping trip to Woodbury Outlets in an attempt to save money, so we didn't want to spend our savings on accommodation. There is no other hotel with comparable rates in the area. Most importantly, it is very close to the outlet stores. The old lady who runs the motel is the extremely nice and hospitable, gave us A LOT of additional help. The rooms are old-fashioned but very clean, well worth the price. If you are not expected to stay in a fancy hotel, then this is not a bad choice. Make sure you book early cuz the rooms go out quickly during the tourist season (when we booked, it was already the last room for that day)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank JJ C
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I've stayed here 4 times in the past 2 years. Bear Mountain and Woodbury Commons Outlet is close by. Good place to stay for the price. It's a 2 star motel so don't expect anything fancy. Rooms are clean and no bed bugs! Free Wi-Fi which is nice. There is a restaurant right next door which is convenient.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank My H
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I stayed at Cadet Motel located in Cornwall, Ny recently for business. This was the only place around that I found for $60 per night including tax. The room was old fashion looking and had old furniture in the room. The TV had no remote, the comforter on the bed looked old, and I didn't feel that safe there. The room was clean and was free of bugs :) The best thing I could say about my stay was the amazing Mexican restaurant located directly next to it called Avocados. It was a cheap priced motel but it looked like it needs major renovations.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Kayla411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport
Days Inn Newburgh West Point/Stewart Intl Airport

Been to Cadet Motel? Share your experiences!