“Get away from it all at Cromwell Inn”

Cromwell Manor Historic Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Cornwall B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The perfect place to get away from the rat race and recharge your batteries. We stayed recently in the Storm King Room and enjoyed all the attention to the little "details" during our visit to the area for a reunion at West Point. Don't miss the breakfasts-Wonderful!

1  Thank careams1

Reviewed 11 September 2009

First of all, the setting on 7 picturesque acres across from a nature preserve was just what we needed for our vacation. Jack, the amiable host, was always willing and energetic to offer trip suggestions and driving directions to the sites, ie. Hyde Park, West Point, Stone King Art Center, and had great ideas for restaurants, too. To top it off, he would play his guitar during an infrequent down-time, and Pamela, his asst. chef, would grace us with a song. This kind of hospitality and customer service is rare in today's world. Our suite was lovely, with some nice touches. So, go to Cromwell! You will find it delightful!

1  Thank MVoorhees
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I was taken to Cromwell Manor as part of a surprise adventure while visiting family. I've been to a handful of B&B's but Cromwell far exceeded any past experiences I've had. The house itself was majestic sitting atop a hill. The lush green landscape of the grounds was a welcome escape and it was nice to venture out around the grounds and sit on benches overlooking the hills. Quite peaceful. We were met by Jack whom I'd like to call caretaker, because he literally took care of every need we might have had. From the fabulously decorated rooms of the era, to the fully equipped kitchen where we could have all the drinks and snacks to our hearts content. The parlor was welcoming and Jack encouraged us if we wanted, to play the piano or guitar. We sat out on the patio drinking mimosas and the sound of the fountain was so soothing! Morning brought us a wonderful breakfast prepared & served lovingly by Jack himself! How delicious! I seriously felt so pampered my whole stay! I stayed in the Wellington Room with the high ceilings and fireplace. I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like living there in the 1800's. I just can't say enough how much I enjoyed my surprise stay here at Cromwell Manor. A definite 'must do' again!

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 7 September 2009

The manor is in a beautiful setting directly across the street from a Nature Park. We were there in September and the night was cool while the day was warm and breezy. In just 15 minutes we were able to travel to the river front and take a historic paddle boat from Louisiana down the river. Jack and Pamela regaled us with a wonderful rendition of Sugerland's "Stay". I must also mention that Pamela is not only a talented songstress but also a wonderful cook. We had a strawberry tart and french toast topped with bourbon syrup, bananas, and pecans. We stayed in the Chimneys cottage which was cozy and had a rustic flaire that is impossible to find anywhere else. This is mainly due to the fact that it is over 200 years old. All in all the trip was a great time and an outstanding way to relax in the scenic outdoors of upstate New York.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

This is a wonderful and comfortable inn. Jack, the owner, is extremely hospitable and very helpful in touring and dining recommendations. He put us onto two great restaurants and made the reservations for us. Our room was very pleasant and the inn itself is charming and attractive with a wonderful patio in the back. The breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We were headed up to the Storm King Art Center for my Boyfriend's birthday and decided we should spend the night in the area at the last minute. We stumbled across Cromwell Manor Inn and we could not be happier that we did. You walk in and are immediately greeted with fresh baked cookies and given a tour of the beautiful mansion and backyard. We were escorted to the patio where we had some wine and napped on the outdoor hammock. There is a farm next door with miniature horses and a 1,000 lb pig that added a funny little bonus adventure to our stay. The room was large, serene and romantic.. there was even a fireplace and classical music playing on the CD player. We got a great dinner recommendation and breakfast was fresh and gourmet (think poached pears, fresh baked banana bread waffles and crispy bacon, served on private tables on the screened-in patio)-- all well beyond our wildest expectations. I even got a big hug on the way out! We went up to the Hudson Valley to see the art, hoping to find a place to crash and we got so much more, an incrediby memorable experience. I would go back in a heart beat and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2009

My wife and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary with a weekend at The Cromwell Manor and a motorcycle tour of the Hudson River Valley. I chose the Cromwell for its 5-star rating across over 100 reviews, the accolades posted on the website, it's location, and what really made the choice a definate was the professionalism and swift responses to my questions via email with Jack, the innkeeper/proprietor.
Upon entering the property, the main house is an impressive sight with its huge, towering colums. There is ample parking too. We were greeted at the door by Jack, who gave us a tour and really made us feel welcome. We arrived around dinner time and we were shown menus and given recommendations on local restaraunts. Jack made our reservations for us right then.
My wife and I stayed in The Storm King room. A super clean, spacious, 2nd floor corner room and the classical music softly playing on the radio was a nice touch... It's important, I think, to note that although the main house was built in 1820, it's SOLID as a rock. The floors don't even creak. The bathroom was as spotless as the room itself. The shower offered more than enough water pressure. Something we have found to be hard to find in Bed and Breakfasts of "mature years".
Breakfast was served with the best service you'll find ANYWHERE. The presentation was perfect - worthy of a magazine photo. The varied foods offered were all exceptional. I actually had Jack bring out the chef so I could personally praise her culinary expertise.

My only regret was that we had to leave The Cromwell Manor and get back to the reality that is our every day. The Cromwell Manor is the PERFECT getaway and we will definately return for many more stays!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast
Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Salisbury Mills

Been to Cromwell Manor Historic Inn? Share your experiences!