“Cute place”

US$229.95*
and up
Kayak and Farm Tour with Water Front Dining from New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Cornwall New York, The Shops at Jones Farm is a destination for foodies and shoppers alike! One of the few surviving farms in the Hudson Valley, Jones Farm offers an array of homegrown fruits and vegetables. Our country store is your one stop shop for local produce, eggs, honey and gourmet foods. Our in-house bakery Grandma Phoebe's Kitchen is known in the Hudson Valley for our fresh baked goods, proudly homemade from scratch. The aroma of fresh baked cookies is known to tempt even the most discriminating visitor! In Clearwaters Gift Shop You'll find one of the finest selections of gifts, home decor, and personal accessories in the Hudson Valley. Our Frame shop offers museum quality custom framing, and our gallery is home to fine artwork, antique prints and local photography. Visit during the fall for our hay rides and during the winter for our selection of holiday treats and gifts. No matter the season The Shops at Jones Farm are sure to have something fun to see, do or eat! We Welcome you to come enjoy the benefits of Fresh & Homegrown.
White Plains, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cute place”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stopped in for some fudge which was OKAY. I was looking for a carrot cake that I heard good things about but they didn't have any so I will stop back another time. Another reviewer mentioned the animals and I also noticed the bunnies didn't look happy. They should be able to run free and not live in a small cage exposed the elements.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Dougie D

Cornwall on Hudson, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A wonderful place”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've been visiting Jones Farm for years and it is a wonderful place for all your needs from a last minute gift to a beautiful place to relax. Whether you need to pick out something for a special someone or just need to pick up dessert for a party, the staff is always friendly and eager to help. I love to bring my little sisters to see the animals and feed the chickens. Then we sit outside eating cookies and enjoying the scenery. We also love to feed Fern the pig a donut or 2. Before I leave I always like to pick up fresh vegetables for dinner, especially their homegrown garlic, which is amazing!! If you can't decide what to get, you can't go wrong with the delicious carrot cake. Can't wait for hayrides and pumpkin picking in the Fall!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gene C
Monroe, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Scary!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A friend told me about this place for their baked goods. I was really disappointed when I checked it out. The "bakery" was limited and nothing looked fresh. The fudge was melting due to the humid conditions and no Air condition in the store. Outside were chickens , bunnies and horses that looked abused and uncared for. I honestly don't know how they are not shut down. The bunnies were in a small cage with empty water in the direct sunlight. They were panting heavy and the rooster had a big open wound on it's back.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Gina M
David C, Owner at Jones Farm, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm surprised and sorry to hear that you were so disappointed in your visit. I can assure that we bake an assortment of homemade goodies fresh every morning in our in-house bakery. Due to ever- increasing popularity our baked goods tend to sell out quickly by the end of the day, so we always recommend placing special orders when you have a particular treat in mind.

Our homemade cream and butter fudge is quite different from other fudges on the market for its soft, melt-in-your mouth consistency. We've found our customers far and wide really enjoy it! We're always happy to give out free samples!

I'm sorry that you visited on such a warm day. For the most part, we've been blessed with an unseasonably cool Summer this year that has enabled us to enjoy several afternoons with the air-conditioning turned off and the fresh country air blowing through the windows! I'm sorry if you found it too warm, but if you had mentioned your discomfort we would have been happy to turn on the air for you.

We are proud to say that our farm animals are all rescues and enjoy a very comfortable life on the farm with the best care from our local vet. The rooster you saw was not wounded, but in the midst of a seasonal molting process that chickens go through in which they shed and renew their feathers. Its not pretty, but I can assure you that its quite normal and healthy. Our bunnies enjoy the shade of the birch tree in standard sized bunny hutches and receive fresh food and water every morning.

If you care to return, please ask for David or Catherine and we're happy to offer you a free 1/2 pound of our homemade fudge to make your visit a little sweeter! When you've been in business for 100 years we are always happy for any input from our visitors so we can strive for 100% customer satisfaction!
Cornwall, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great afternoon pitstop”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My kids love coming here for their fudge and cookies. Mom likes coming for their fresh vegetables! Lots of interesting stuff can be found upstairs! A very deceiving place.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Tristanmom
Monroe, New York
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Farm plus”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very interesting stores here at Jones farm. Food items are very nice and many of the artworks/furnishings are one of a kind. Animals rule the yard out front. Visit the Farm when in Cornwall.

Visited October 2013