“Didn't Stay Here But they Helped Us Out 100%”

Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our flight from LaGuardia to Chicago got cancelled at 1 AM last month. We were traveling with a 1 year old and a couple of other family members. The airline gave us a phone number for a "discounted" hotel rate, which we called and received a hotel reservation at Holiday Inn LaGuardia. My wife and one year old headed to the hotel, while I stayed with my mom and brother at LGA in order to rebook our flights. My wife called as soon as she got to the hotel to let me know that the hotel was booked and the reservation we were given was null.
The hotel staff was very understanding of our predicament and even worked with us to have their shuttle pick the remainder of our party up at LGA, take us back to their hotel to pick up my wife and son, and then shuttle us to the Maspeth Holiday Inn Express, which they helped us reserve our rooms.
They even helped us when we realize that my wife's cell phone was accidently left at their lobby by sending a cab driver to deliver it to our Maspeth hotel the next day. Without their help, our bad situation would have no doubt been worse.
I rated the service components as "Excellent" even though we didn't actually stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed one night for business. Was looking for convenient location, smooth check-in/check-out, clean room, good internet. Met all my expectations. It was a good savings over hotels in Midtown, but close enough to subway (7 train) to make Manhattan accessible. I had breakfast delivered to my room. It was fine and reasonably priced, but it was too bad it could not be delivered before 7:15.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Overall the hotel was as advertised. We only stayed one night. So as far as hotels go, it was what you would expect and what it should be for a 3 star hotel. I have nothing to complain about. I gave it a 4 stars because the bar was excellent with a good selection of craft beer and it is very close to CitiField. If you are heading to CitiField, this is the perfect hotel. It's very close, taking only 10 minutes to walk to the Field. You can literally see it across the street. My girlfriend and I felt safe walking the CitiField. If you're going to a game, you can pre-game in the bar, walk to the game, and then post-game in the bar. I reserved my room on Getaroom.com at a very good price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E N
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in your hotel many times and have aways been pleased with the facilities and service. My problem with your internet. It is consistently beyond slow. It barely works. Dial up would be faster. This is not just a one time occurrence. It happens every time I stay at your hotel. When someone is on the road for business, they need reliable internet. Your hotel never provides it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gwack
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Despite the room feeling a teensy bit tired, it was super clean and quiet, and the staff were really welcoming, helpful and friendly. Particularly happy with the food and service in the bar, good atmosphere! Shuttle service faultless and would definitely stay here again. As I left early (6.20) I didn't have breakfast (not sure even whether it was available then as the restaurant looked closed) - so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've stayed there for 7 nights
I really loved it, the location is nice closed to Queens park
And few minutes walk to the 111th sub station which will take you straight to Times Square ,
Daily checking and cleaning by housekeeping , beautiful breakfast, Ivonne and Rita in the front desk are very helpful,
I would strongly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Positives: easy walking distance to Citi Field, quiet rooms, clean rooms, friendly front desk staff, comfortable beds.

Negatives: our room had an odd odor though it looked clean. We quickly got accustomed to the odor and only noticed it when we would come back in the room. We did not report it to the staff because we were tired and did not want move rooms. The in-room coffee service had only one caffeinated coffee pod and condiments for one.

Stayed: April 2014
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest:

We thank you for taking from your valuable time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We are happy to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable. We regret to read about the odd odor in your room. In terms of the amount of coffee we would of been happy to provide more as needed. We look forward to welcoming you back and making sure your stay is just perfect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Hampton Inn New York - LaGuardia Airport
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ibis Styles New York Laguardia Airport
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!