“Breakfast Vouchers”

Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have been home for 15 minutes, haven't even unpacked yet. That's how much this bothers me. I booked my stay online for July 6-11, 2014 at the Holiday Inn website. When doing so I was under the impression the '$20.00 per day, for breakfast for 2' was a buffet. I bought 4 days worth. When I checked in, I received restaurant vouchers that you could use at face value of up to $20.00 per day. In other words, you could order anything off the menu and apply the voucher to the total of your bill. If you went over $20.00 you paid the difference. If you went under, you would lose what ever was left. It was the same as cash. As a matter of fact, EXACTLY the same. No special benefit to it. When the time came for us to leave we still had 2 vouchers that we didn't use, worth $40.00. I asked if we could at least get credit for drinks in the bar as we were not going to have breakfast. We were leaving the next morning at 3:45 a.m. Nope. No cash back, no credit to cost of room. We were able to transfer one to my son and his family, who was staying longer ($20.00) and given 2 drink coupons for a house beer or wine (not $20.00 worth). DO NOT buy breakfast vouchers for this hotel. Just pay with cash. At least if you don't use it, you won't lose it! And one more thing, our t.v. wasn't working properly for 2 days as they had technical difficulties. No offer for any compensation. Not even a "free drink coupon" in the bar. And like many cheaper hotels, I got the hot/cold shower in the morning. On a positive note, the restaurant manager "Chuck" is very friendly and helpful, the bar has a comfortable neighborhood feel, and the bartenders are very friendly. If you're a Mets fan it's a great location as you can walk about 1/2 mile to the field. Subway is also 1/2 mile walk. Not much as far as local eateries, but a couple hidden takeout places that were good for delivery, with extensive choices. Ask the desk for referrals.

Room Tip: Our stay on the 2nd floor was quiet. Didn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms. We were right ne...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Robin R
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Robin R

We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We will take all this information into consideration. We are glad that you found our restaurant manager and bartenders to be friendly. Allow us to welcome you back in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

When Me & My Husband Come Here. I Just Gotta Say This is By For the Best Holiday Inn. Everything Is Always Great & The rooms Are Nice & Clean & No Bed Bugs Thank God Thats A Big Plus In my Book. They have a Great Bar/Restaurant & In Door Pool & Great Prices We Always Have a Wonderful Stay When We come Here at the Holiday Inn by Citi Field. We Recommend it To Everyone & We're Platinum Members For Holiday inn Cause We Love it So Much♡

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room was nice and spacious and service was good. We got shuttle from LaGuardia airport . Few mins walk to the subway, it takes around 20-30 to reach Time square. It's a spanish area. The restaurant in the main lobby is good for breakfast. i would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday with 2 friends. We chose this hotel because they provide shuttle transportation from LaGuardia airport and also was close to the train station! Before arriving we called ahead for a couple of questions that we had. We where greeted by a friendly, happy front desk clerk she answered all of our questions. When it was time to check in another happy employee answered more questions we had about the area. We where really happy to see how convenient the bar could be they also had great tunes. Once we went upstairs the room was spacious, clean and comfortable! The only vending machine that we found and was working was on the first floor by the pool which also we discovered a microwave. The pool was appreciated to chill and relax at but could use some cleaning . The hotel overall was clean and up to date and currently under some new renovations. On that note the middle elevator stopped about 2 feet away from the first floor for about 2 minutes until I pressed the stop and emergency buttons which seemed actually not to respond. I told front desk as soon as being released and never got in that elevator for the remainder of my trip . Housekeeping was very nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank twiin r
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your stay with us. What a treat it was to read this review. I hope you had a happy birthday! I am glad to read that our staff was friendly and able to answer your questions about the area. It's great to know that you found our rooms to be spacious, clean and comfortable. Sorry about the inconvenience you had. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived early and my room was not ready ... which was not a problem. However, Rita in reception, did everything she could to expedite access and suggested breakfast whilst waiting. She came to collect me and made sure that I was comfortable. My room was bright, with a fantastic view, and I could not have been better pleased, especially after my experience in a Manhattan Holiday Inn. The restaurant is quite basic and the food not wonderful, but again service was good. There is a regular bus to and from the airport and I felt that everyone who I dealt with at this hotel actually cared.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ease access from major highways and only 10 minutes walk to NY mets ballpark. Metro station nearby as well. On site restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. Extensive menu (Italian), very good food and reasonable price. Bartender mixes up a very good and generous drink. Indoor pool with access to large outdoor deck area. Gas station about one block away.

Room Tip: Higher the better the view of parks and stadiums.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyCanadian13
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family (including two kids) and I stayed for a night when flying out of LaGuardia. We arrived before the 3pm checkin time but the room was available so they accommodated our request. The lady at the front desk was a bit curt - perhaps big city behavior? We got room 232 but the sign outside the elevator only labeled rooms 201-231. Strange. We went down looking for a different elevator and corridor. The front desk lady didn't quite understand the problem and we were left fending for ourselves.

The room was OK - average sized. Not much space to move around with 2 beds and a small console and chair. The bathroom was fine - clean and usable. We left early so didn't use the restaurant or the breakfast. Shuttle service took almost 15 minutes. No problem there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Agaurav

We appreciate you writing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family before check-in time. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced at our property. It is our goal to exceed our guest expectations. Allow us to welcome you back and make sure your stay is just perfect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Been to Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!