SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
The Parc Hotel(Flushing)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront desklaguardia airportciti fieldvalet parkingnew yorkshuttle servicerooms are hugefull barwould definitely stay here againseparate bedroomnorthern boulevardevery half hourhigher floorspringhill suites by marriottstreet levelfree upgradespacious lobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Free shuttle to #7 Subway station to take you into the City. The rooms are huge, clean, and well furnished. If you are travelling with family - stay here. 3 large flat-screen TV's. A bedroom where you can actually close the door, to the rest of the suite... Great free breakfast, FREE Wireless! Staff was professional and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark F
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Mark F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our free amenities. Having traveled a lot myself it is always nice to have a free breakfast and when it is as good as ours it’s even better. Again, thank you for the good review. I hope you will chose to stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My wife and I were headed to New York on Vacation to attend the US Open being held in Flushing Meadows Park.

This trip had disaster written all over it from the moment we arrived at the original apartment we rented. The apartment block had been treated for pests and there were bug traps in plain sight. For fear of bringing bed bugs bag home with us, we chose not to stay and were searching for a place on the Saturday of the September long weekend in the middle of the US Open... Not fun We ended up staying the night in Plainview, Long Island, about a half hour out, after searching high and low for 4+ hours for a hotel with vacancy. The place in Plainview was booked the other nights and that is how we fell upon the Spring Hill Suites.

The next morning we left Plainview for the Spring Hill Suites to try and check in early so we could enjoy our general admission tickets to the US Open that day. Seeing as how busy the weekend was I wasn't sure we'd get an early check in and thought we might have to leave our luggage in their storage room.

When we arrived around 10:00, we were told the room wasn't ready, but were offered to eat breakfast while the room was prepared. After about 45 minutes, no news on the room, so I went to ask how much longer so we could make a decision to leave for the US Open or wait a bit.

Well, this is where the service and staff at the Spring Hill Suites impressed! Michele, who was working the front desk told me the room wasn't ready yet, but she would check with the cleaning crew to see how much longer. When she wasn't getting any news, she said she'd try to work something out for us since we had been waiting. We hadn't been waiting that long and showing up 5 hours before normal check-in... We didn't have high hopes in the first place, but Michele wanted to take good care of us from the start. She upgraded us to a better room at no extra cost without us asking for anything so that we could get checked-in right away.

The room was wonderful, the free shuttle to and from the US Open grounds was great and every time we saw Michele, she was always asking how our stay was and ensuring we were happy, she did a great job!

Only critique is that the location, although near the airport, doesn't have much around it. It isn't far from the Tennis Centre though and the shuttle makes up for it.

We had a great stay and if it weren't for this hotel and it's employees, the vacation had disaster written all over it. Anyone interested in going to the US Open I recommend staying at this hotel.

I hope management sees this review and congratulates their staff for a job well done!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ottawaian
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Ottawaian,

First off, I am very sorry that you vacation started off on the wrong foot. I can only imagine the frustration with dealing with an awful rental to finding a hotel in queens during the US open. However, I am very happy to hear that the Springhill Suites was able to salvage the vacation and provide some excellent customer service. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to inform the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here during the US Open in Flushing. Location and Cleanliness are always my main objectives when staying away from home. This hotel offered both and so much more. 20 minute walk from Flushing Tennis Stadium and Met's Stadium. 10 minute walk to #7 Subway station to take you into the City. I have been to this area many times and feel safe walking the streets alone. At night - maybe not so much.
The evening I arrived, my husband had forgotten to remove the "snoozing sign" from the door - so the room was not cleaned. I am usually not that picky, I can sleep in a bed for several days without new sheets, however my husband had been very sick for a while - and I did not want to catch anything. So I decided to ask the front desk if someone could clean the room for me. Mind you, it was 10pm! They got on it without hesitation and within 30 minutes the room was all clean with new sheets, pillows and towels. Impressive!
The rooms are huge! Lots of space. If you are travelling with family - stay here. 3 large flat-screen TV's. A bedroom where you can actually close the door, to the rest of the suite. The bathroom has lots of counter-space, however only a single mirror and only one sink. That was a bit unusual I thought, since they could install four sinks and mirrors in the amount of space available. Water-pressure was great.
The small kitchenette has a microwave, sink and a fridge. Bring your own pots and pans, plates and silverware though. :) The "dining" table seemed a bit small but there was enough room for two. Again, not sure why they would not use the huge space to offer a larger table with more chairs.
Our king-bed was so comfortable, that I did not even miss my "heavenly bed" at home - and I usually do. I had a little trouble sleeping longer than sun-rise because the curtains were too small to keep out the light.
Did not get the chance to try the free breakfast, but it looked like there was lots of variety. There is a gym, nothing spectacular - just get the job done and get out. :) - Shuttle Service was quick to pick me up from airport and even dropped me off at subway station one day.
Big plus, especially for business travelers: FREE Wireless!
Staff was professional and very helpful. Would like to return some day.

Room Tip: Room 603 was quiet, not too close to elevators and ice-machines, but convenient. View over rooftops.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Babybear13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities offered at our hotel! As you mentioned, we are a great location for the US Open and we are conveniently located to the 7 subway line and Mets Stadium. We pride ourselves on great service and I am glad you were able to experience it firsthand. Again, thank you for the review I will be sure and share your comments with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This past weekend I came to visit my parents and decided to stay at the SpringHill Suites again and I tell you, I am not disappointed. We received an upgrade when we checked in and that made me VERY happy. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly. I was provided with details of the happenings at the hotel and I was satisfied. I really love the location of the hotel, it is right off of the Grand Central and very convenient. Our upgrade was to a King studio and I thought that was spectacular. It was very spacious and unique. We had three televisions, one in the livingroom, the dining area and the sleeping area. I didn't want to leave. :( If you want a great hotel in a great location and spectacular service, SpringHill Suites LGA is the place to stay. I am booking another overnight stay right after I am done with this review. I LOVE THIS PLACE and I pray it stays this way in years to come!!!

Room Tip: Just book this hotel if you are in NYC. You will love the location, close to the highways and the city. ENJOY!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BrendaK81

Dear BrendaK81,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. I promise you will continue to enjoy our hotel and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and son and I stayed 2 nights for the US Open tennis. In previous years we've stayed at Marriott's in the city or at the LaGuardia Marriott, but this was a much better value than those 'full-service' hotels. It's easy to reach from the highway, parking is a reasonable cost, and best of all the staff goes out of their way to help with logistics. Our son was coming in late from the city on the 7 train, and the hotel had their shuttle pick him up from the closest subway stop - it really gave me peace of mind. They ran an excellent shuttle to and from the tennis tournament, provided a great variety of breakfast food, and gave us an upgrade to a one bedroom suite (thanks Daisy!). The staff at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. We tried the Italian restaurant which delivers straight to your room and it was pretty good. My husband travels alot for work, and he says this will now be his preferred LaGuardia hotel. This must have been a busy time for this hotel, but they managed it wonderfully.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GwenC10

Dear Gwen C10,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are an excellent value for those looking to beat the cost of the city but still receive the luxurious service. The US Open was an extremely busy time for us and I am very glad that you were able to utilize the shuttle service. We spent three weeks preparing for the Open and I am happy to say that everything ran very smoothly. Again, thank for the review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to New York City.