SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Ten minutes from LaGuardia, free shuttle, free grab n go breakfast in the morning. The porters in front were very friendly and helpful with our vehicle. The lobby was open, fresh and spacious. The lovely young ladies at the front desk were pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. The hallways were clean, no stains on rugs. The room was very spacious and it was only a regular room. Very clean. Nice job - keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Luvtogonj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. We work hard to ensure our spacious areas are clean and fresh so I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the team. Again, thank you for writing the review. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed by this hotel during my 4 day stay around the US Open Tennis tournament in Sept. The staff was excellent, courteous and attentive. But what I really appreciated was their efficient shuttle service!! I was a bit worried about getting around since I decided not to rent a car but they proved me I didn't need it (which is a huge expense and hassle in NYC with parking, tolls, etc ) as the guys driving the shuttles went out of their way to take me and other guests to subway station and to/from tennis center. The property itself is in great shape since it's brand new and their breakfast food was very good quality too. Overall, this is a solid choice and I plan to stay there again when I visit NYC/La guardia area in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JayMoli

Dear JayMoli,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our shuttle team worked very hard to provide excellent service during the US open. I am very happy to hear that your experience was a positive one. I will be sure to share your review with the team. Again, thank you for writing the review. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a great stay at the Springhill Suites in Corona. When we arrived, the front desk staff saw that we had 4 people in our party and immediately upgraded us to the largest room available (King/King suite). While they were getting our room ready, they welcomed us to enjoy tea/coffee and snacks from their mini-store.

When we got to the room, it was extremely spacious with a tidy kitchenette. The beds were comfortable and the seating area was large. The only thing that we did not like was that there was no lock on the bathroom door.

Also, if you are travelling here on a weekend, there is no need to pay for parking. There is plenty of free street parking just out front or on nearby streets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mudphud08,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We pride ourselves on service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who experienced the best of what we have to offer. Thank you for letting us know about your concern with a lock on the bathroom door. I will be sure to discuss this with my team for solutions. Again, thank you for your review. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel and employees were fantastic.
George, shuttle driver, picked us up promptly at LGA.
He was very personable.
Zeni at the front desk is a real plus to the hotel. What a personality & so helpful.
Ask Zeni for the app to get around town...the app is an incredible help on the go.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean.
The morning breakfast is much more than expected.
Hot food was hot and cold food was cold.
The train is only about 5-6 blocks away not 2 miles as others have stated in reviews.
Make sure you do not take the express back to the hotel...it will pass your stop.
The day before leaving we scheduled the shuttle back to LGA. The shuttle was waiting for us the morning of our departure.
Check out was a breeze.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling to NY.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank priorityA1
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Priority A1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Zeni and George who I am sure will be grateful that a guest remembered their name. Again, thank you for the review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I'm sure this place has the management staff at other SpringHill Suites fuming, if only because it sets the bar so high. Yes they have the advantage of being new and I'm sure that makes it easier to clean, but there are so many things done way better than the average SpringHill here. By NYC standards the rooms are quite large, the lobby is quite large by any SpringHIll Suite standard anywhere (for once adequate seating in the breakfast area), and there are several lobby computers you can make your flight arrangements from and print your local maps (as opposed to having to beg some under-parented kid hogging one computer to please stop shooting down flying monsters long enough for you to check in for your airplane).

The only negative we have experienced, and about the only negative comments anybody seems to be making, regard the shuttle service. Now there is little to complain about there per se, meaning the vans are clean and the drivers have all been nice guys. More like they can't take everyone everywhere at the same time, and even that close to the airport at times the traffic in and out of LaGuardia stands still, other than the vans might be too small for the airport run.

OK, they could get bigger vans or run more than one at a time, but, we did a bit of lookng around this time. There is an alternative if you are just looking for a quick bite or are trying to get to or from Manhattan. The Q66 bus stops directly across the street bound for downtown Flushing, and the last stop dumps you off within a block or two of the 7 train. (Downtown Flushing is very Asian but does have fast food you will recognize). Return stop is a block away in front of the Ford dealership next door (only the second or third stop from Flushing after some distance and easy to miss). The bus the other direction goes into the Queensboro Plaza transit hub (I think) although we didn't ride that direction. Should give you other alternatives into Manhattan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jetty Betty,

Thank you for the kind words. We strive for perfection and to have a guest re-turn to our property and still give us a glowing review means our hard work has been paying off. In regards to the shuttles not being fast enough this is a negative that we are constantly working to improve and will continue to improve until it’s perfect. In addition to purchasing another shuttle we have also been hiring to make sure we have enough staff to have the two shuttles running constantly during peak hours. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I hope to see you on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks for work. The hotel itself is brand new, staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are great. If you can, request a view of the bay/ airport, very cool view both day and night. Even though it is so close to the airport the new construction blocks noise pollution very well and rooms are quiet. Free breakfast is good. Parking is valet only but there is a great text message based system to request your vehicle before you head to the lobby. The only negative is the immediate area around the hotel. Better than average workout room for a hotel.

Room Tip: For a view request one that overlooks the airport/Flushing bay. Cool to watch airplanes take off an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Will B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced our excellent customer service. Our breakfast is an excellent way to start your day. I am sorry for the appearance of the neighborhood. Our neighborhood is very residential and safe but the general up keep of the local properties is very poor. Again, thank you for the review and your stay. I hope you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I was put up at this hotel by the airline after my flight was cancelled. it is located just a couple miles from LaGuardia and they have a shuttle service that can pick you up and take you back to the airport. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is extremely modern and clean inside. There is some street noise but after all it is New York I would definitely stay here again and like many Marriott there is a very nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jeff B

Dear Jeff B,

Thank you for taking to the time to write a review of our property. I know traveling and having a flight cancelled can make for a very long and stressful day. I am glad that we were there for you to provide a clean and comfortable stay. Like you said, our breakfast is great and I am glad you were able to experience it. Again, thank you for the great review.

Sean Meade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!