“Perfect Marriott stay and breakfast”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Waterloo, Canada
“Perfect Marriott stay and breakfast”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed 1 night with family on reward ($0 reward vs. $300/night), booked 1-bed Studio
Got upgraded to 1-bed Suite (separate living room, very spacious dining area, bedroom)

Good
- Spacious room/suite, very comfortable and enjoyable. Has stove, sink
- Awesome, very good breakfast with many selections (2 waffle machines)
- Easy to take MTA bus Q66 (across the street) to Flushing NY
- Good view of LGA airport
- Free shuttles to/from LGA (need to pre-book or call for pick up)

Bad
- Aircraft noises can go into late night and start after 6 am
- Toilet got stuck once but a call got it fixed in 10 minutes
- There isn't anything (restaurant or supermarket) nearby, as far as I know, safe enough to walk to

I understand why this got ranked very highly now!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sean M, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Jerry Hung,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. You are correct in that we do have some great pro’s to staying at our hotel: spacious suites, good view of the airport and free shuttle services. However, I am sorry about the con’s. We are in a family neighborhood but there are not branded stores in the close proximity. I am sorry if this caused you any inconveniences but again, thank you for the review. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Fantastic customer service, shuttle was waiting when I arrived. Was upgraded upon arrival to a lovely suite. Lots of room to work and relax. Easy check in, and friendly people. I completely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Navyguyo6,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am very happy to hear that you were impressed with our customer service. We work hard to ensure all of our guests are taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied customer. Are suits are very spacious and were designed to help our guest relax. Again, thank you for the great review. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Cleveland, Oh
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the SpringHill one night before departing for LaGuardia. Great stay and outstanding customer service. They went up and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable.

Free breakfast was great. A lot of options.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean.

This was a nice way to end my trip to NYC. I especially thank this hotel for picking me up at the 111th train station. I came in my Manhattan and the hotel shuttle picked me up off the 7 train. I also used the shuttle to get to LaGuardia the following morning. Took 10 minutes.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear 420 Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. Like you mentioned, anyone traveling from Manhattan should be using the subway as it is the most efficient and economical way to get around. Being that we are right next to the airport we are a very convenient place to stay for anyone looking to fly out of LGA airport. Again, thank you for the great review. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Cloquet, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We've always had good luck with Springhill Suites, but this was our first visit to the one near LaGuardia Airport. The manager was exceptionally helpful and willingly made adjustments when we explained that we were traveling because of a hospitalization of a family member. After an interminably long wait for an airport shuttle (because some airline crew members filled the shuttle intended for us) the shuttle manager jumped into the van at the hotel and picked us up right away. He had only been in management for a few months but had great customer service skills and changed our negative first impression completely by the time we reached the hotel.

The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had at any hotel -- and other guests commented similarly. Very clean, modern, stylish hotel. Overall, a great choice when travel brings you through LaGuardia Airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MN_travelers_18
Dear MN_travelers_18,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am very sorry for the wait at the airport. I know after a long day of traveling the last thing anyone wants to do is wait for a shuttle in the freezing cold weather. However, I am glad we were able to take charge and correct the issue for you. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as we have been working very hard to deliver an exceptional breakfast for our guest. Again, thank you for the great review. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Northville, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed during an overnight flight back from Europe. The hotel shuttle was perfect -- on time and quick... the staff was very accommodating with an upgrade. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The front desk staff was fabulous -- especially Dominque and Crystal. The breakfast was one of the best free hotel breakfasts I have ever had. Rosemary was great! The biggest kudu’s goes to the hotel staff -- our flight the next day was cancelled. They were able to extend the room reservation and secure payment with Marriott Reward points from my account. They were a life saver during a nasty situation with American Airlines. The room was very comfortable, decorated nicely, with modern conveniences in a quite setting. The staff of the hotel accommodated at every turn. They truly ensured a warm and wonderful staff. The service all around was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph F
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Joseph F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied customer. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as our breakfast team has been working hard to deliver an exceptional breakfast to all of our guest. Again, thank you for the great review. I hope you will choose us in the future if you return to New York City.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After driving through monstrous potholes in NYC and dealing with the mountains of snow, ice and cabs I arrived at the SpringHill Suites at LaGuardia. A great staff greeted me from the gentleman at the door, the shuttle driver to the front desk team. They were all professional and friendly.

I am a Platinum Rewards Member at Marriott and as a result I was upgraded to a suite, a 2 bedroom suite, with a view of Manhattan from one side of the suite and Citi Field from the other side of the suite.

This was a great stay and will certainly stay again when I am at LaGuardia for a flight.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JMMcD
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear JMMcD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. Sorry about the New York potholes, I know they can be a lot to deal with. I do know that the city sent out 65 crews last weekend to begin the process of repairing the damage. I am glad you received our VIP treatment as being a platinum member is something to be celebrated. Again, thank you for the review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were visiting our granddaughter who now lives in LI City in Queens. This hotel was convenient to her and is a Category 4 Marriott so reasonable as well. The suites are very comfortable and clean. Valet and front desk staff always courteous and friendly. We stayed two nights and the bed was comfortable and the room temperature controls worked very well, my wife and I like a cool room, even in winter. There was a complimentary breakfast buffet. It included juice, yogurt, hot and cold beverages, make your own waffles, hot and cold cereals, scrambled eggs and egg whites, bacon, sausage, turkey ham and sausage, tater tots (not so great), bagels, muffins, and breads to toast. A great breakfast included in room cost, great for families. Plenty of breakfast seating. Will; stay here again when we visit. Convenient to LGA and Manhattan (Queensboro bridge).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our property. You are correct; we are conveniently located to long island city for anyone who is searching for convenient accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Our team works hard to ensure we are providing a nutritional start for our guest. However, I am sorry about the tator tots. We do not have an oven to cook with which makes it challenging to get the tator tots crispy but thank you for the feedback. I will bring it to the attention of our lead breakfast attendant. Again, thank for the review and the feedback.

Sean Meade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!