SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tremendous hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I travel for work on a regular basis and I have never stayed at a hotel that featured such friendly and helpful staff. They are truly interested in making sure your stay is as good as it can be. They went above and beyond for me on several occasions, even waiting outside Citi Field for 15 minutes with the shuttle as I finished up some work to give me a late-night lift back. On the (very early) morning of my departure, one of the front-desk employees who'd set up a wakeup call for me some hours earlier called my room personally a few minutes before I had set up my shuttle ride to the airport to make sure I hadn't overslept. Really, who does that? People who are committed to doing a great job.

The hotel itself is very solid. New, modern, clean. The rooms have a cool design (I had a normal king). The bathrooms are gigantic. The workout room has three good treadmills and some dumbbells so you can do the basics. The breakfast is great also – lots of options to fill you up each morning.

The only drawback is the area. For those staying for one night before a flight, no big deal. But if you're staying multiple days, there isn't a lot to do in the surrounding neighborhoods. You can order in food, which I did, and that worked just fine. And the shuttle drivers are so friendly and accommodating, they will take you where you need to go if they're able. Just ask – and give them a good tip. They deserve it!

All in all, don't hesitate in booking a room here. You won't be disappointed. I will definitely be staying again when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport/Flushing Bay. Much quieter than facing Northern Blvd.
1 Thank TR R
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear TR R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and the staff that works here. Our team works hard to ensure each of our guest are taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest. You are correct in that a guest who is staying multiple nights will have a challenge finding things to do in the surrounding area. However, I am happy to report that our complimentary shuttle service does drop off and pick up at the 111 subway stop which can have you in Manhattan in about 40 minutes. Again thank you for the review and thank you for making our hotel your home away from home.

Sean Meade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel has a magnificent staff. All staff from the manager to the front desk staff to the valets and houskeeping and kitchen staff do their best to accomodate your every need. Will stay here again

Dear James K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our team works hard to ensure each of our guest are taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest. Thanks for choosing our property as your home away from home.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed one night prior to LGA departure. Reliable shuttle service to LGA every 1/2 hr. Nice free breakfast. Clean rooms. Efficient staff. Friendly greeting. Free Wifi. Lobby has computers and monitor with flights listed. Free newspapers too!. Highly recommend if you need to be near to LGA.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Deborah S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your complementary shuttle service as it is an excellent benefit to staying at our hotel. In addition the complimentary Wi-Fi is an excellent benefit for guest who need to complete work on their computers and don’t want to incur any further cost. Again, thank you for the review we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Burlington, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I only stayed one night at the hotle and what a wonderful hotel. This was my first time in NYC and the staff was very curteous and helpful with directions and suggestions for the city visit. The hotel offered free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the subway station. The room was amazing! Very updated and clean. They also offered free breakfast which is a very nice extra to have to get your day started for the busy day in NYC. Overall this was an amazing experience and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cindy R
Dear Cindy R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your complementary shuttle service as it is an excellent benefit to staying at our hotel. In addition to running to the Airport it also makes stops at the local subway station which is an efficient and economical way of getting around NYC. Again, thank you for the review. I hope you choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at this place from May 28 to June 2. Free shuttle to/from airport and 111 Street station for Line 7. The staff upgraded me to a King Suites even though I redeemed the stay using the certificates. I was very surprised that it has two King-sized beds, three flat screen TVs (living, bedroom, and another one at the other bed), two bathrooms. Having been vacationing in NYC for the last four years, this is by far the biggest size room I have ever stayed. Also, they have a microwave and fridge. Great staff with good service. This hotel is about 1/2 hour from Manhattan. The hotel will drop you off from 111th street/ Train 7. From there, change to express Train E or F at 74th and Broadway to go to Manhattan. If you are going to downtown, I would recommend to take the F train and catch the express 4 or 5 train at the Lexington Ave/59 street. As a frequently traveler NYC, I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Request the rooms with the LGA/ Hudson river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alan M
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Alan M,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your complementary upgrade to one of our spacious suites. You are correct in that we are very conveniently located to the subway which is an economical and efficient way to get around NYC. The cost savings/benefits gained at our hotel do outweigh the cost associated with staying in Manhattan. Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Updated with large rooms, efficient layout. Lobby/breakfast area was large and nicely done. Valet parking was easy and convenient for a reasonable price around $20ish per night. Just keep in mind this is Springhill Suites, not JW, so don't expect room service, etc. Free breakfast is standard for this brand, nothing fancy, but it works. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Vince Q,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our clean and spacious hotel. You are correct in that we are not a full service JW Marriott; However, I am happy to report that we have just added a new room service menu to all of our rooms. The restaurant is not part of the hotel but you can charge the order to your room and the menu is extensive. Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Staff are wonderful, the suite was beautiful, so was the view. The breakfast room is large with nice options. The lobby is also spacious. I used the guest laundry which was exceptionally clean. I appreciated my Platinum upgrade. Thank you for a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear 998Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our clean and spacious hotel. In comparison to Manhattan hotels our hotel feels like a palace. We take great pride in keep all public space clean and fresh for our guests and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied customer. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!