“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Long Island, NY
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here for the weekend to watch the Jets practice at SUNY Cortland 7/27-7/29. 100% satisfied with this hotel. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and breakfast is free. Whats not to like? We got a great price on priceline.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suebart112

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is my third stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Cortland. I always stay in a room with a king bed. Each room that I have stayed in has a great work desk. The internet is really high speed. I have never had a problem logging on, ever. they will have me as their guest forever. The staff is totally dedicated to helping me and making me feel at home. Save yourself $10 for breakfast elsewhere; theirs is great and plentiful. More then you usually get at other hotels offering free breakfast. Fellow business traveler, try it, you will love it.

Room Tip: All of there rooms are equally lovely and functional. Each one of them has a fridge and a microwave...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Encino, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at the HIE Cortland on Memorial Day weekend of May 2012 and were very happy with the friendly, helpful staff and our clean and comfortable room. We were kindly offered an afternoon snack of fruit and cookies when we checked in and were treated to a delicious, hot breakfast each morning of our stay. (My personal breakfast favorites were the breakfast sausages and warm cinnamon rolls...Mmmmm!) Our room was located on the first floor, adjacent to the breakfast room/lounge, and near the elevator. While I was initially concerned about a possible noise factor, I am pleased to report that our room was VERY adequately sound-proofed, as outside noise was NOT a problem. Our beds and pillows were clean and comfy and the bathroom was so clean that I felt like I was the first person to use the toilet, sink, and shower. I was able to print out our airline boarding passes by using the free WiFi and printer in a lovely "computer" room near the front desk. Used the vending machine in the ice room to get bottled sodas to take on the road with us. (We did not use the pool or exercise room, but they both looked very clean and well maintained.) We had wanted to stay at a hotel closer to Cornell University in order to attend my daughter's graduation, but all closer hotels were booked well in advance. We were ultimately very happy with our choice of the HIE Cortland, as it was a manageable 20-min drive from Ithaca and we had a very enjoyable stay there. We had beautiful weather our first two days. When we checked out on our third day, it began to rain, hail, and thunder & lightning. We were happy to be able to load our rental car with our suitcases in the covered driveway entrance area of the hotel in this wet and wild weather. Doubtful that we'll ever be back to this area again, but would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting clean and comfortable lodging.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Betsy R
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here in February and I can honestly say that this was by far the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have ever stay in! When we checked in the staff was SO friendly and the breakbast in the am was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. This hotel has make us seek out Holiday Inn Expresses but none have come close to this one!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cortland. The hotel is very clean with comfortable beds and a good breakfast to start the day. The pool is kid-friendly (not too deep, but big enough to enjoy). It is very easy to access this hotel off the I-81. We will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I always stay in HIE and love their cozy beds and nice free hot breakfast! However the minute i walk into my room there is a spider on the wall so i killed it. Other than that my night was good! The next day I'm walking down the stairs and i see a couple spiderwebs with dead insects in them and a large centipede crawling on the wall. But those are no biggies plus it was on the bottom floor where bugs try to get in. Anyway the lobby was nice and The wifi is free so ignore the person who says its not. The bathrooms are clean and the staff at the front desk were very nice. As usual i enjoyed my stay!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Clean room and great bed. The front desk woman happily moved my room after i complained about the noise after being right off the lobby. Both room and beds were clean and comfortable. Right off of the thruway. Lobby provides a nice place to eat, meet or grab the 24 hour a day coffee bar. Much better and nicer then the ramada in town. Will utilize again.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Cortland
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cortland? Share your experiences!