“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Riceville, Iowa
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I were in Cortland for a wedding and to enjoy a weekend together before she goes to grad school. When I made reservations by phone the young man I talked to was very pleasant and helpful and he was at the hotel desk when we checked in and he made us feel very welcomed and comfortable as our day of traveling had not been a good experience. We loved where the hotel was located and we enjoyed a clean comfortable room and breakfast both days of our stay. The desk clerk also directed us to a fun miniature golf place which we thoroughly enjoyed. Every one of the employees of the hotel were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Linda Y,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience you had at our hotel with fellow travelers. Liana will be thrilled and I cannot wait to tell her that she made a huge impact on you. We love to make returning guests feel at home and Liana was able to nail it right on the button. We look forward to having you and your family back next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Cortland, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Never done this before, but just got the best service of my life and asked how I could let it be known. My family travels to Cortland to visit my grandfather once/year and books a block of hotel rooms for a week. I just happened to be in town a month after our annual trip by myself, it was raining, and I wanted to work out. The people at this hotel have always been great, so I walked in just to ask if I could use their workout room.

AS SOON AS I walked into the hotel, a worker (her name tag said Liana) said, "Oh, hey, Welcome back, Mr. Howerton!" SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME, asked if I wanted a bottle of water (remembered I always wanted one on our annual trips) and welcomed me to use their workout room for an hour.

The single best customer service experience I've ever had in my life.

Room Tip: Great rooms, always clean and well-kept, the handicap rooms with whirlpools are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh H
Toms River, NJ
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We only stayed 1 night ...... We were traveling to Buffalo from NJ. Perfect location to stop overnight. Lobby was very nice. At check-in, we were given bottles of water. And the kids enjoyed the cookies that were provided. Our room was clean and comfortable......it could probably use some updating, but the cleanliness is what matters to us. Breakfast was fine. Customer service was great.......everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear TomsRiver_NJTac,

I am very glad that you found our location to be perfect for your
needs! I will certainly forward your message to the staff. We take
great pride in our service and in the cleanliness of our rooms. If
you find yourself in town again, don't hesitate to stop by for some
more of those cookies!

Regards,
Michael Peterson
607-662-0007
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed at this particular hotel more than 30 times and have always had the best stay. Hotel is clean and the manager is very professional. I've always been treated professionally by all of the staff members. Most importantly to me is that the rooms are always CLEAN!!!! That's key to me when traveling and this hotel is the best at service and cleanliness.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you Carlc369 for taking the time to give us a review based on your recent stay here. We strive to keep and maintain the cleanliness here at our hotel and it brings joy to all of us when guests notice. Our customer service is our number one priority when it comes to our guests and making their stays the best they can be. I am glad you noticed our professionalism here and we look forward to having you back again.
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Clean rooms and a nice breakfast. Close to the highway and easy access to I-81. Customer service was very good and helpful as we arrived very late at night. There was complimentary fruit and cookies for a snack when we arrived as well as coffee. Nice Touch Next morning had a free paper with the free breakfast. It included sausage, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, waffles french toast... All hot....they also had the complementary bagels, toast, cereal, milk, juice, yogurt, and fruit. Great value

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review based on your recent stay here. As you mentioned we are conveniently located right off of 81(exit 11) a very short drive to many attractions. Also I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our 24/7 coffee bar with a snack upon arrival. Our signature Hampton Inn breakfast is always a huge hit with guests and we are always looking for ways to keep our quality high for our guests. Thank you again James, we hope to have you back soon.
Hillsborough, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Liana and Drew at the front desk are kind, compassionate, and extremely helpful. If this was the Undercover Boss Show their CEO would have been impressed. We checked in on Friday night and our room and the lobby was spotless. The lobby also welcomed us with hot coffee and a variety of herbal teas.We were on the first floor and it was extremely quiet last night and into the morning. The bedding was clean and very comfortable. There is ample storage for clothes, large bathroom, sitting area with couch and table and a work space. The fact that our room included a mini microwave and refrigerator put us over the top. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was organized and clean. There are several franchise restaurants in the area and only 30 minutes from Syracuse. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing the farm area
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Theresa for the wonderful review based on your recent visit with us. I am thrilled that Drew and Liana were able to make your stay more comfortable, and help you in any way they could. Very happy that you took advantage of our 24/7 coffee and tea bar available to guests. We strive to keep our lobby and hotel as clean as it can be, and it makes me very happy when guests notice our hard work. Our signature Hampton breakfast that you mentioned is always a hit and I am happy that you and your family enjoyed it. Thank you again for taking the time to give us such a great review, we hope to have you back soon.
Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel. The room with two queen beds was adequate for us, though the fact that we were there on July 4th meant that our room did not get cleaned. The front desk staff was pleasant, and offered us popcorn and bottles of water to go with the DVDs we got for the evening. The cookies were good. For the next two mornings, Mason took very good care of us at breakfast, making sure we had vegetarian hot food options and checking in with us often to see if he could do more. He was the highlight of our stay.

The lobby has been updated since our last stay two years ago. It looks modern, but it is set up in a way that makes it difficult for more than two or three people to eat together. Since we were traveling with my son and parents, it was a challenge each morning to find space where we could all eat together. Breakfast was ample and filling.

The room, however, had a musty smell to it that we have never noticed on previous visits to this hotel. It seemed clean enough, though, and it is always nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. There was plenty of storage space. The bathroom had no fan, so even a moderately warm shower filled the room with humidity. And the climate control was finicky.

Having stayed at this hotel off and on since it first opened, it has been sad to see its decline. However, if some improvements are made, it has the potential to be as nice as it used to be.

1 Thank Batfan25
Hello Batfan25,

Thank you for being a loyal visitor, and for leaving such a detailed
review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary popcorn and
DVDs, and we will certainly forward your comments to Mason.

I am sorry that you found the room to be musty and that the air
conditioning system was not functioning as expected. I have discussed
the problem with maintenance and we have since fixed the problem.
Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention so that we may
offer a better experience in the future!

We hope you stay with us again soon.

Regards,