“Clean, comfortable and welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cortland

Hampton Inn Cortland
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Hartford, CT, United States
“Clean, comfortable and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was clean, well maintained and the staff friendly and helpful. We stayed here for Jets training camp and even got to see some of the players that were staying at the hotel while we were. Breakfast was adequate and free coffee in the lobby 24 / 7 was appreciated..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review based on your recent stay here. I am glad you and your family made it up for the Jets camp, it is a exciting time in Cortland. We are thrilled you got to see some of the players while staying with us! We strive to provide excellent customer service as well as a clean hotel. Also we are glad you took advantage of our 24/7 coffee and tea bar during your stay. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again next year, Go Jets!

Michael Peterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We go to Cortland often as we are alums of the college, but usually stay in another hotel. The city is busier now due to Jets Training Camp, which was the reason for our visit. The king room was spacious and very clean, with a microwave & refrigerator, and we were given two complimentary bottles of water at check in. The bathroom was larger than expected with extra towels and all the usuall shampoos, conditioners, etc. Included in the rate is an extensive buffet breakfast with just about everything you would want. The staff is very friendly & helpful. The hotel is located close to Rte. 81 so it's easy to get in and out, and it's a short drive to downtown Cortland and SUNY Cortland.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KathyFernandes
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Kathy Fernandez,

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us feedback on your recent stay! Although the town is much busier at this time of year because of the Jets training camp, which is just a short drive from our hotel. We are glad to hear you were able to stay with us and delighted that you had a positive experience here in Cortland. We love to spoil our guests with cold bottled water on these sunny afternoons. Our staff strives to make every guest feel welcome and at home, and I hope we did that for you. As Cortland Alumni we hope that you will continue to choose Hampton as your home away from home.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend. Front desk staff was very helpful. The young man on duty was more than happy to phone around to some local businesses I was interested in to find out their hours.

Room was very clean and on-par with my expectations. Bed was VERY comfortable. Free breakfast exceeded my expectations.

I am surprised at the reviews calling the place "dated" and "tired." I consider the place to be a clean, modern hotel that is quite pleasant. Perhaps the nay-sayers are expecting the Taj Mahal. (I don't pick my hotels based upon the latest design trends.)

I grew up in Cortland and am happy to see quality accommodations available. I am more than happy to put some money into the local economy by staying here. This was my second stay here and will return next year, no doubt

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear NCTravels919,

We are very happy to hear that our front desk staff was helpful to you. We strive exceed all customer service expectations. Cleanliness is a big deal to us here at the Hampton and we are happy that our guests can see that. Our wide variety of breakfast items is always a hit and I will be sure to let the breakfast staff know you enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your trip.

We hope to see you again soon, remember we love having you here!
Allentown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at hotel as a wedding guest of a friend getting married. Excellent services and room. King size bed was slightly uncomfortable but i guess thats expected with a hotel mattress. I prefer firmer myself. Complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Joseph for taking the time to give us a positive review. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us, especially our service and cleanliness. I am sorry that the beds were not as comfortable as you would like, we do have a new "sleep program" that offers things such as ear plugs, a fan, and a neck pillow that could have helped you sleep a little better. Thank you again for your time and feedback, we hope to see again soon.
Riceville, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I were in Cortland for a wedding and to enjoy a weekend together before she goes to grad school. When I made reservations by phone the young man I talked to was very pleasant and helpful and he was at the hotel desk when we checked in and he made us feel very welcomed and comfortable as our day of traveling had not been a good experience. We loved where the hotel was located and we enjoyed a clean comfortable room and breakfast both days of our stay. The desk clerk also directed us to a fun miniature golf place which we thoroughly enjoyed. Every one of the employees of the hotel were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Linda Y,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience you had at our hotel with fellow travelers. Liana will be thrilled and I cannot wait to tell her that she made a huge impact on you. We love to make returning guests feel at home and Liana was able to nail it right on the button. We look forward to having you and your family back next year!
Cortland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Never done this before, but just got the best service of my life and asked how I could let it be known. My family travels to Cortland to visit my grandfather once/year and books a block of hotel rooms for a week. I just happened to be in town a month after our annual trip by myself, it was raining, and I wanted to work out. The people at this hotel have always been great, so I walked in just to ask if I could use their workout room.

AS SOON AS I walked into the hotel, a worker (her name tag said Liana) said, "Oh, hey, Welcome back, Mr. Howerton!" SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME, asked if I wanted a bottle of water (remembered I always wanted one on our annual trips) and welcomed me to use their workout room for an hour.

The single best customer service experience I've ever had in my life.

Room Tip: Great rooms, always clean and well-kept, the handicap rooms with whirlpools are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh H
Toms River, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We only stayed 1 night ...... We were traveling to Buffalo from NJ. Perfect location to stop overnight. Lobby was very nice. At check-in, we were given bottles of water. And the kids enjoyed the cookies that were provided. Our room was clean and comfortable......it could probably use some updating, but the cleanliness is what matters to us. Breakfast was fine. Customer service was great.......everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear TomsRiver_NJTac,

I am very glad that you found our location to be perfect for your
needs! I will certainly forward your message to the staff. We take
great pride in our service and in the cleanliness of our rooms. If
you find yourself in town again, don't hesitate to stop by for some
more of those cookies!

607-662-0007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Cortland
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Cortland
Comfort Inn Cortland
#5 of 10 in Cortland
Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Cortland? Share your experiences!