“Good place to stop”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #27 of 113 Restaurants in Cortland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Nice friendly restaurant with good food, quick near the highway, better than a fast food place. You can call and reserve before you get there.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

It reeks of chain restaurant but the big breakfast was a lure for us until a recent visit prompted us to walk out. Even when we were the only people waiting to be seated (on several visits) the host or hostess would spend minutes studying the seating chart before solving the apparent calculus problem and figuring out which table we should be seated at. We were used to that. But to be seated and not even acknowledged with a nod or an "I'll be right with you" or a glass of water for 15 minutes is truly unacceptable. The restaurant was about a third full. We got up with our menus, went to the host and told him we had been sitting for 15 minutes and were leaving. The host literally laughed like oops, sorry. Bypass this joint. Seek out a decent local diner.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was in Cortland overnight and had dinner. The food was so good. Fresh and flavorful, not processed or over seasoned. The waitress was awesome too.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I really enjoy Perkins salads and French Toast. The wait staff is always very pleasant. Jack Carr is awesome.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I went for dinner at Perkins on March 1/14 at approximately 6:30pm.

We had to wait about 6 minutes to be seated as the woman who was ringing out customers was busy and said she would be with us shortly.

Once someone else came to seat us there was only one booth (for two - small) by the front door entrance. There were other people behind us to be seated as well.

My husband ordered the Turkey dinner and I ordered the Chicken Penne. Both were just okay. The Penne was cold.

The carpet was dirty.

We will not be returning to this location and it has also turned us off from visiting other Perkins locations.