“Relief from the snow”

Comfort Inn Cortland
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed 22 December 2012

This is the second time my husband and I had to find a room along I-81 because of adverse weather conditions. Every time, we have received a comfortable room, clean and with a Perkins restaurant on site. Front desk guy let me use his cell phone to find out my points balance to see if I had enough for a free room. Was short a few points, but he gave me a fantastic rate. Mind you its not a 5 star hotel, but has everything we needed, and will be sure to be back again. Cleaner than the Hampton we stayed at years ago! Carpeting was spotless, bathrooms clean and a fridge in every room.

Room Tip: We appreciate that they still have smoking rooms, and they are located on the 2nd floor away from th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 December 2012

The staff are helpful and friendly. A full hot breakfast was provided. The rooms look like they have recently been done over. Wi Fi was a problem while we were there. It was down all evening until early the next day and had a very weak signal.

Room Tip: The king size room was nice however you had to listen to the traffic on the highway all night long...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Lumpy bed. Bathroom falling apart. Bugs in the juice and in the restrooms. Front desk did not seem to care! Motel needs to be remodeled. Large pot holes in the street or entrance of the motel. Front desk person when we arrived at ten pm was eating his cereal and was greeting us with a full mouth?

Room Tip: Do not expect much!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
Drew C, Manager at Comfort Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Traveler, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. We are currently in the process of a complete remodel and will have updated the hotel in its entirety in the very near future. Your thoughtful comments have provided me with the opportunity to conduct further training with our staff. I do hope that you would personally contact me at gm.ny092@choicehotels.com to discuss your recent stay. We hope that you will stay with us again if your travels take you through Cortland to show you that this has been an isolated incident. Again, thank you and please give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

My husband and i arrived after an early morn. start, and a long day on the road. Julie greeted us with a smile, warmth, and a real concern for meeting our needs!!! We were off to our room, which was surprisingly larger than most other lodgings. A very sweet girl stepped out of a room she was cleaning and asked to let her know if there was anything we needed. She then interrupted her work to speak to us in a short friendly conversation. How welcoming she was.
In the morning an exceptional breakfast buffet was in the lounge with a warming fireplace. The lady arranging the various food items, took a moment to welcome us.
Rooms were VERY CLEAN, atmosphere was exceptionally friendly, and I would say we'd found the best accommodations in the area for our evening's stay. Nice location also: close to 1-81, gas stations, adjacent to Perkins Restaurant.

Room Tip: whenever possible park car under a spot light - this Inn had a well lit parking lot
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

stayed at this hotel in march of 2012. This hotel was being remodeled so it didnt look the best, but you could tell they were working hard to update it. the staff there was so friendly it more than made up for it. Cleaning staff very friendly and acted on any request. front desk very accomodating. I was there again with a hockey team and they let us use their breakfast area to have a team dinner which was very nice. always checked on us to see if we needed anything. My room was very clean.The manager, I believe his name was Drew was excellent!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This Comfort Inn is conveniently located about 1/2 block from I-81. I could see the sign but this Comfort Inn is snuggled in behind a Perkins Restaurant. I had driven all night arriving early in the morning. They had a room that had not sold the evening before and granted me early checkin. The front desk clerk, Julie, was friendly and professional, checking me in and putting me into a very nice 'king suite' and at a very competitive rate. The breakfast bar was still available and I had something lite to eat and went to bed. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was very kind and helpful. The hotel was clean, had an exercise room but no pool. Incidentally, something I had not seen before, the hotel had an enclosed walkway from the lobby right into the 24/7 Perkins Restaurant - so convenient.

Room Tip: Account I-81 runs parallel to the hotel, choose a room on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed here on August 30, 2012 while on a business trip. I classify this as a typical Comfort Inn. No frills, but adequate.

Pros: Hotel stay was friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were clean. It appears to have been recently upgraded. Bed was not comfortable, but was not uncomfortable either. Highspeed wireless internet is free. Hit the breakfast early, before 6:30 a.m., and it was well stocked. There is also a Perkins Restaurant attached to the hotel which is convenient.

Cons: Although there are only two floors, there is no elevator - not sure how that meets ADA requirements, but this could be an issue for senior citizens and their luggage. The smoke from the smoking rooms filters down the corridor to the non-smoking room. My particular room, # 200, had a decent sized gap between the door and the door jamb which allowed the smoke to enter the room. And the door had at one time been forced open, so the swing latch wasn't attached very well.

All in all, it was a typical Comfort Inn, so I have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business