“College Road tour Great Central Location Clean and right Price”

Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I recently brought my daughter back from winter break for her final semester at Suny Cortland. Met sevreral families who were very satisfied with the hotel. We sat and shared a few stories and tips at the bar for the Cortland area which all brought us to the conclusion that the Ramada was the best to stay at when looking for a college or just visiting . Located within twenty minutes of Cornell University, or Ithaca college. Thirty minutes from Binghamton University . Five minutes from Suny Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College it it certainly allows the ability to ck on several colleges in one trip. There are other hotels in the area BUT Marriott and Country Inn are twice the money with NO pool. Imperial Hotel very noisy and dirty. Days Inn you get what you pay for and not very friendly at all. Comfort Inn small rooms, no pool, no business center, and serves stale coffe and donuts for breakfast. Having stayed at Ramada so many times over the last four years it feels like my second home. Clean safe, Great breakfast while not included where can you get a complete breakfast for under 7 dollars including made to order eggs and omlets, waffles, french toat , bacon, sausage and fruit all you can eat. Has a indoor pool. Great steakhouse restaurant . Has a guest friendly computer center / A fitness center but most importantly a very knowledgeble friendly staff who will go out of their way to be helpful. RECENTLY their was a management change at the hotel and you can see the difference already. Flat screen TVs in the rooms , a new and improved key system a brighter, more friendly ,cleaner atmoshere. Great job . I have decided when my daughter graduates in May I will return in the summer in time for JETS training camp less then a mile away. This is the place to stay when visiting the Ithaca/ Cortland area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fingerlakes09
ramadacortland, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

It is always a please to have you and your family in the hotel, you are wonderful to have. I would like to thank you for being such a loyal and wonderful customer. It is always nice to see your smiling faces and I’m glad that you will be continuing to come to Cortland and stay with us even after you daughter is finished at Cortland

GM Ramada Cortland

Reviewed 1 November 2010

If you need a place to stay for the night, you could do worse that the Ramada. Peeling wallpaper in some halls and outside paint trim that needs maintenance reminds you that this ain't no Hilton. Breakfast was not included. A hot breakfast buffet was available for a fee. Little by way of amenities, but there was an indoor pool. Staff was pleasant. Rooms were reasonably comfortable and clean enough. But if I needed to stay more than one night, this would not be my choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
ccsteakhouse, Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. Your feedback is valuable to us. We are constantly updating our hotel. Our hot breakfast is different than most hotels. It includes made-to-order omelet, waffle, and full breakfast items buffet-style. It is not free because it is full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But we do offer bed and breakfast manager special rate if you call the our hotel directly to book the reservation. We try to accommodate travelers with different needs. Hope you will consider us for your next visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

My husband and I brought my son out to college over the weekend and decided to stay a few days to do wine touring. We stayed over on Fri. night. Sat. morning when I went in to take a shower, I noticed a small clustering of welt-like spots on my abdomen. I dismissed this as maybe a heat rash. (slightly itchy) The next morning I woke up to a few more reddened areas. When I got home later on Sun. I looked in the mirror and saw more spots trailing across my back and one on my arm. I thought I might have had an allergic reaction to soap, etc. Today Thurs. I was diagnosed at the medical practice where I work by 2 Drs. with bedbug bites. I immediately phoned the motel and spoke with the manager who said they fumigate the motel once a month and haven't had a problem with bedbugs. Neither had I! I told her she needed to check room 203 immediately because that is where I stayed. She said a Dr. was staying there now and when he left in the morning she would call pest control to check the room and send me a copy of the report. Is she for real? How would you like to be me or the unsuspecting Dr. who is sleeping in that room tonight?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krosen58

Thank you very much for providing your feedback about you recent stay at our hotel. We take your concern very seriously and contacted pest control company to thoroughly investigate the issue and found no bed bug. We respect the privacy of all our guests. We were not able to check the room when you called because the guest was a regular who worked late night shift and needed his sleep. He did not report any incident of bed bug at all during or after his stay. Report from pest control company was already sent out to you. It took awhile to respond to this review because we did not know that trip advisor offer this tool.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed at the Ramada Cortland for two nights. While we were pleased with the comfort of our bed, the flat screen TV and the free wi-fi, we were frustrated by the repeated failure of our key cards to access both the motel from the parking lot and our room. We exchanged the cards three times, yet it always took multiple (10-20) tries to get in the room. One time we had to walk from the rear parking lot to the front entrance because we couldn't get the locked entrance doors to open. This is an older former Holiday Inn that has received some upgrades, but I'd recommend the owners continue the job with a new key system.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue17225

Thank you very much for addressing your concern about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience during the stay. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Upon investigating the issue, we found the problem might be the key encoder which we replaced recently. We will continue to updating our key system and improving our hotel. Your hotel experience is our priority. Please don't hesitate to contact us

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Located right off RT 81 could not ask for a more central location between Syracuse(20minute), Binghamton (30 min..Excellent front staff in handling check in and upon check out as well as any requests. The hotel has a FULL breakfast buffet for only $6.99 Hot made to order omlets , waffles fruit etc Great service from all the restaurant staff.. Located only a short drive from off off broadway shows at Hagar theater as well as a great theater in Homer . Homer is only a five minute drive. Resonable tckets for some great shows. This activity was recomended by hotel manager. What a great time!Our room was spacious and clean . The cleaning staff took care of our room every day with fresh towels and supplies., Many fast food restaurants within two minutes of the hotel. Cortland has some great restaurants including Bobs Barbecue, Hobeaus, A-1 steakhouseand the three Bear Inn. However we were tired one night so we ate at the hotel restaurant. I should not have been suprised considering how good brekfast was But I was ! Each night has different specials. Food and service were great! I read the other reviews listed I do not know why they had any problem we found the staff and management most accomdating. The hotel clean and the rates were certainly very resonableBeforewe left we made future reservations for the JETS Training Camp which is held at Suny Cortland which is one mile away.We will definitely be back again

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comment about our hotel

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Starting with the high point... this property is well located right next to Route 81. On to the front desk, indifferent & uninformed. Experience leading to "Indifferent": I requested an accessable room requiring a minimum of walking steps, explaining that my 89 year old mother had difficulty walking long distances. On hearing the desk clerk grunt, I interpreted affirmative acknowledgment. However, I was mistaken as the room provided was not 'accessable' and was placed precisely between both entrances, so that it required the greatest number of walking steps of any room in the place. Case in point for "Uninformed": the WiFi application required a password. Called the front desk for the password and was told to 'read the card on the desk, you don't need a P/W". After a half hour of trying to figure it out, took my laptop to the front desk and escallated my request to the manage who provided the required password. (Can't make this sfuff up)
The bathroom was groady with rust and other crud on the tub, vents and elsewhere. Of the two beds provided, one looked like it had already been slept in (or otherwise utilized). Needless to say, I slept in the other. The walls are paper thin, such that conversations in the hall and adjoining rooms were clearly audible, even in conversational tones. The side entrance that was recommended as closest to the room was beat up, dirty and virtually screamed 'beware' This is a tired, crudy motel. There are better accomodations in Cortland.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank corvairmaven

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

My husband and I had a wedding to go to in Ithaca over the weekend and could not get a hotel nearby...so we tried the Ramada!! WRONG CHOICE! It was the dirtiest, most disgusting hotel I have been in since I was a poor college student touring Europe and stayed in bed bug infected pensions! The rooms were soooo GRUNGIE and filthy...I should have slept in my car! At 5am we could hear drunken fools out in the hallway and parking lot and the walls were paper thin. When my husband took a shower the water did not drain at all so when I got into the tub the dirty water was up to my shins! SO DISGUSTING!! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! The staff could have cared less when we checked out and told them about the problem...DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! It was absolutely horrible in every way!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple