“Amazing service!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I read the reviews before booking this reservation, but cost was the factor so despite reading that the hotel was 'dated', I booked anyway.

The manager, my first point of contact, hit a home run right from the very beginning of our conversation. Not only did she make sure I got the appropriate rate, but she also tried finding me something closer to Ithaca because that was where we needed to be (all hotels were booked in Ithaca).

When we arrived, the front desk crew was amazing. We were going to be competing in a live cake challenge at the Ithaca mall, and had frosting that needed to be refrigerated. The compact fridge they so graciously provided was too small for the container the frosting was in (36 pounds of cream cheese frosting!). The fridge in their kitchen had just been stocked, so they couldn't fit it in there either. One of the women behind the counter took the time to call 2 of the hotels nearby (sister hotels) to see if they had room in their refrigerator - which they did! The frosting was saved.

Every interaction was exemplary, and worthy of 5 stars. The only reason this rating doesn't get 5 stars is because yes, it's dated - the main part of the hotel was very clean, but our room was musty smelling, had mildew/dirt stains in the grout of the tub, and the mattress pad had so much plastic in it that I was sticking to the sheets on the top to where I couldn't even roll over. It wasn't happening to my husband, so I'm guessing that the mattress pad might have been worn on my side of the bed? I can't imagine that these issues are in every room; we had the very last room (125) at the end of the hall.

Sorry for the brutal honesty that takes away from how amazing the staff are - I would stay there again though for sure. We don't do continental breakfast, but Perkins is a quick walk or drive, and has GREAT breakfast!

Thank you ladies for making my stay so enjoyable that it totally made the negative stuff not matter.

Room Tip: Try a different room than the one at the end on the first floor (125)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Linderrrrrr

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Cortland can be a bit over priced when school is in session. This was a good price / value place. The staff was very friendly. The room was about 10% smaller than normal but who cares. Room was clean, bed was great. The bathroom had plenty of towels and shampoo, etc.. Apples, cookies and coffee / tea at checkin. Breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again - and will.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The lady at the front desk was so nice and quick check in. The room was a little small, but clean and very comfortable bed. Happy that they allow pets and a nice area to walk your dog. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel tries very very hard. And in service and cleanliness it succeeds. But this place in sorely in need of updating. Despite that, the housekeepers need to be commended as this place is spotless. I even noticed that they change the coverlet and blankets between stays which alot of places do not do. Please update this place! I really liked it but it is overdue. Breakfast was suffcient with plenty of choices. Coffee, tea,lemonade, cookies and fruit available all the time. I'd stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnamurphy10
Reviewed 5 August 2013

First of all, we were greeted by a less then friendly desk clerk who seemed a little perturbed that we interrupted her lunch she was eating. Had to make our way to our room by a box fan, a vacuum and a big orange cone that remained in the hallway throughout our stay. Hotel is SUPPOSED to be 100% Smoke-Free, but our room REEKED of smoke. Carpets were nasty, was scared to take my shoes off. Bathroom was also quite a site. Long dark hair in bathtub and walls falling part and moldy. Had to go out and buy some clorox cleaning wipes to wipe the place down - room's in town were at a minimum so we decided to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina M
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Very kind staff and perfectly fine breakfast (free). The furnishings and interior need much updating. The mattress and pillows were terrific and new. Free wireless a plus. At a discounted rate, this is a perfectly fine choice for travelers who need a safe and easy (access to interstate and downtown) place to stay.

Room Tip: Second floor seemed very quiet, though not easily accessible if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BrooklynGuy13
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Hotel is off the Interstate was quiet no road noise. Had a nice breakfast. Area to eat in was enjoyable. Had a shelf of books and games near front desk, thought that was a nice touch. Rooms were clean, comfy beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends